Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton 7-15-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton 7-15-13

I guess the fish are finally getting used to the brown water. I caught a nice mess of crappie yesterday including the one I posted. Had to use minnows didn't want plastic dipping big trees in 11 fow. Didn't want to clean them so I gave them to a guy at boat ramp 1
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. When we going?
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish!!

I couldn't do any good with plastic's in the trees today either, used all the minnows up on the breaks. Caught a mess spider rigging channel edge, best fish came out of a brushpile in 12 fow on plastic. Wakie arm had cleaner water than rock had last week, will take a look tomorrow. Little shad schools are everywhere and whites are busting pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-17-13

Took out Joey & his Uncle Nando. Got on the 'glass' looking body of water called 'Clinton Lake' about 9am. Baitwell loaded with minners and umbrellas ready. Heat came early along with a very active bite in brush-piles. Several double hook-ups with less than keeper size fish. But for a 9 year old, it was a slice of heaven. By 2pm the clicker hit 56 caught. Put some on a stringer for pictures. He was baiting up & removing fish from hooks before the day was over. Sent them home smiling thinking about the 'fish fry'!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-17

Oh it was HOT HOT HOT when the breeze would die.........I really need to get an umbrella. Tried spider rigging along the channel edge early, caught more channel cat and drum than crappie. Moved up into the tree's(water is much better looking than last week) and used up the remaining minnows swinging tree's. Ended up finishing off a limit with plastics, the fish really like the fall rate a 1/32oz jig showed them. Caught fish on tree's from 3.5 fow to 17 fow, bigger fish where on plastics and few fish on telephone poles.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the fish in the trees today but did find them in brushpiles in about 16 fow. Ended up with 13 between 12" and 14". Caught some on plastic and some on minnows. I didn't try a 1/32 oz jig but it sounds like I should. It was a good day fishing but the sun was cooking and I don't have a umbrella either.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish. Don't seem like I can catch them on the same pattern 2 days in a row, keeps it fun trying to figure out what game they want to play. Need to make a correction to my above post........was using a 16th oz. jig not a 32nd. Them little jigs all look the same to me, Did break out the hot pot today and poured a 100 16th's with larger size 2 red sickle hooks, always liked really sharp oversized hooks. Got to earn a living so I'm off the water till Monday or Tuesday, will try and powder paint some jigheads.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports guys looks like a trip to Clinton next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Same brushpiles different day. They were full of little fish today. Went thru 3 dz minnows and only had 4 keepers and not nearly as nice as yesterday. I couldn't get them to hit plastic so gave up and went home. Started fishing at 6:00 and quit at 12:oo. Will try again Monday.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Rock creek is brown again, this time I think it's dirt not an algae bloom. They definitely wanted some meat on the jig(bought a pound of fatheads) and no swinging allowed..........wanted a slow moving target. Main lake is really clear and caught few quality fish, dirty water was the place to be. Used some jigs I had powder painted super glow orange, they looked good in the dirty water and all fish were caught on them. The super glow Chartruse is a waste, no glow what so ever. Didn't bite as fast as last week, but when they did, they were good fish. Son is going to skip cross country practice in the morning and go fishing with me, hope the tree bite is still on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast