Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking into buying my 1st Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking into buying my 1st Boat

Hey Guys I have been what you consider a unfortunate on by always fishing on the dock or on the bank, finally I have decided to buy myself a boat what kind not to sure been leaning towards a bass tracker or a triton but I do know I want something with at least a 60hp! So here is what I am asking what type of boat do you have and to you what are the pro's and Cons of it? I have set a spending budget of 15k and no more! I plan on fishing the Arkansas river and hopefully a lot of the lakes in SE Arkansas! Any Info would be helpful!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a war eagle 754 ldsv with a 90 hp merc. I love it the only cons I can say about it is being aluminum it's light and you get blown around in high winds and have to really work the trolling motor. I don't think I would go back to a glass boat though. I wish some pretty stump infested waters and used to cringe everything my old glass boat would hit one now I don't worry about it at all

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Look on the "Show us your boats" thread, at the top of the page, to get an idea of how various rigs can be set up ...
    Check the Personal Classifieds on this site, for possible deals ... (if "used" is an option)
    Take into account the reputation of local marine dealers/mechanics (for sales & service) ...
    Consider how you fish, how many people are likely to be in the boat at one time (most of the time), and what equipment is needed to facilitate your fishing/boating experience ...
    Consider where the rig is to be parked/stored ...
    Consider the length & type of boat vs the max HP it can handle ... (max HP will allow the boat to perform at its optimum capacity)
    Consider that 15K will get you a nice "new" outfit, but could also get you a "great" used one ... if you have/take the time to wait for one to come along.

And remember ... the purchase price is only the FIRST $$$ you'll spend on a boat !!!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how far you are from West Memphis, Ar but if your within driving distance I'd look up*************and give him a call. He can definitely get you hooked up. Be sure to tell him your from the crappie.com. Just search his screen name and you will be able to find him and his number is in his sig line. I believe he's in time out right now so a pm wouldn't be a good idea until he returns to the board. But when he does he's usually hanging around the Arkansas and Mississippi boards.
    Last edited by "G"; 07-17-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: rule violation

Post Thanks / Like

Like Crappiepappy said if you are not opposed to used you can find some great deals. I stumbled onto mine from a guy I was working with. It has a 115hp four stroke Suzuki on it which is worth more than I gave for the whole rig. Yes I had to do a lot of work on the boat but the motor was in great condition.

FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

i own a bass tracker tournament V-17 with a 50hp johnson. i get 33mph loaded to fish and that is pleanty fast for that little boat. I aslo own a 195vf charger with a 150gt johnson and get arount 62 mph out of it loaded to fish. honestly i love boat boats but if it had to be only one i would keep the charger just because its glass. Its more stable and the wind dont blow it around so much. The main thing to look at is what type of fishing do you do and how often. The more time spent on the boat the more i lean to glass. its just more comfortable to me and i think its a little better choice in the rough stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a 5 month old 2011 Bass tracker Grizzly 1860 off craigslist. Boat was well equipped with a 60hp four stroke. Only paid $10k for it. A great deal and still under warranty. I would check out your local resourses for a good used boat before going new. Think of all the great upgrades you can afford with the money you save. Like HDS Touch gen2 or maybe a nice Hummingbird 1198.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get the biggest bang for your buck with a Tracker. There's a reason why it's the number one selling boat.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy was spot on. Definitely take your time and shop around. I'll never buy new again, let someone else take that initial hit.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Def a used boat and leaning more towards the Alum. boat and more than likely going used b/c you are right about that hit it is a tuff one don't want to pay anymore than I have to and I am also taking my time b/c I don't want to get ripped a new one by just jumping in and buying one!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast