PDA

View Full Version : Looking into buying my 1st Boat

fishingarkansas
07-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Hey Guys I have been what you consider a unfortunate on by always fishing on the dock or on the bank, finally I have decided to buy myself a boat what kind not to sure been leaning towards a bass tracker or a triton but I do know I want something with at least a 60hp! So here is what I am asking what type of boat do you have and to you what are the pro's and Cons of it? I have set a spending budget of 15k and no more! I plan on fishing the Arkansas river and hopefully a lot of the lakes in SE Arkansas! Any Info would be helpful!

Huntalivesh23
07-16-2013, 06:23 AM
I have a war eagle 754 ldsv with a 90 hp merc. I love it the only cons I can say about it is being aluminum it's light and you get blown around in high winds and have to really work the trolling motor. I don't think I would go back to a glass boat though. I wish some pretty stump infested waters and used to cringe everything my old glass boat would hit one now I don't worry about it at all

CrappiePappy
07-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Look on the "Show us your boats" thread, at the top of the page, to get an idea of how various rigs can be set up ...
Check the Personal Classifieds on this site, for possible deals ... (if "used" is an option)
Take into account the reputation of local marine dealers/mechanics (for sales & service) ...
Consider how you fish, how many people are likely to be in the boat at one time (most of the time), and what equipment is needed to facilitate your fishing/boating experience ...
Consider where the rig is to be parked/stored ...
Consider the length & type of boat vs the max HP it can handle ... (max HP will allow the boat to perform at its optimum capacity)
Consider that 15K will get you a nice "new" outfit, but could also get you a "great" used one ... if you have/take the time to wait for one to come along.

And remember ... the purchase price is only the FIRST $$$ you'll spend on a boat !!!

... cp :kewl

Xpress Fishing
07-16-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure how far you are from West Memphis, Ar but if your within driving distance I'd look up*************and give him a call. He can definitely get you hooked up. Be sure to tell him your from the crappie.com. Just search his screen name and you will be able to find him and his number is in his sig line. I believe he's in time out right now so a pm wouldn't be a good idea until he returns to the board. But when he does he's usually hanging around the Arkansas and Mississippi boards.

BoarBuster
07-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Like Crappiepappy said if you are not opposed to used you can find some great deals. I stumbled onto mine from a guy I was working with. It has a 115hp four stroke Suzuki on it which is worth more than I gave for the whole rig. Yes I had to do a lot of work on the boat but the motor was in great condition.

FISH ON:fish

toofuss
07-16-2013, 10:51 AM
i own a bass tracker tournament V-17 with a 50hp johnson. i get 33mph loaded to fish and that is pleanty fast for that little boat. I aslo own a 195vf charger with a 150gt johnson and get arount 62 mph out of it loaded to fish. honestly i love boat boats but if it had to be only one i would keep the charger just because its glass. Its more stable and the wind dont blow it around so much. The main thing to look at is what type of fishing do you do and how often. The more time spent on the boat the more i lean to glass. its just more comfortable to me and i think its a little better choice in the rough stuff.

mustfish
07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Bought a 5 month old 2011 Bass tracker Grizzly 1860 off craigslist. Boat was well equipped with a 60hp four stroke. Only paid $10k for it. A great deal and still under warranty. I would check out your local resourses for a good used boat before going new. Think of all the great upgrades you can afford with the money you save. Like HDS Touch gen2 or maybe a nice Hummingbird 1198.

Tracker123
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
You'll get the biggest bang for your buck with a Tracker. There's a reason why it's the number one selling boat.

feelay
07-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Crappiepappy was spot on. Definitely take your time and shop around. I'll never buy new again, let someone else take that initial hit.

fishingarkansas
07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Def a used boat and leaning more towards the Alum. boat and more than likely going used b/c you are right about that hit it is a tuff one don't want to pay anymore than I have to and I am also taking my time b/c I don't want to get ripped a new one by just jumping in and buying one!

Tom 513
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I have too ask what maybe a obvious question, unless your stressed for time or fishing tournments why do you need 60hp? I bought my 1st boat last Fall and nice older used fiberglass tri haul, 9.5Hp outboard, 2 trollers and a depth finder and use it about every weekend, its stable comfortable for 2 guys but 3 will work ok, and best of all bought for under $1000, sure I like the fancy bass boats but as I told my buddy you can catch just as many fish with a older boat, and we normally do!

Big H trucking
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Check out Ripalips boat in classifieds. Good boat fully loaded ready to go...

feelay
07-16-2013, 11:15 PM
I have too ask what maybe a obvious question, unless your stressed for time or fishing tournments why do you need 60hp? I bought my 1st boat last Fall and nice older used fiberglass tri haul, 9.5Hp outboard, 2 trollers and a depth finder and use it about every weekend, its stable comfortable for 2 guys but 3 will work ok, and best of all bought for under $1000, sure I like the fancy bass boats but as I told my buddy you can catch just as many fish with a older boat, and we normally do!

Bet you ain't fishing 75,000 acre lakes either. We have large lakes down here in the south, that can get nasty in a hurry. Big safe and fast is a necessity, Imo.

fishingarkansas
07-16-2013, 11:19 PM
9.5 hp will not work in the Arkansas river on the main channel and plus we have big lakes were I live at

bayoumonster
07-19-2013, 02:18 AM
I wouldn't get a fiberglass boat as a first boat if it's used. Fiberglass boats can turn into nightmares if they have weak transoms, rotten floors, stress cracks, waterlogged foam in the floors, etc. etc. If you go used, you might consider paying someone to take a look at a prospective boat that you're serious about buying if you don't know anyone that is really knowledgeable to go along with you. There are a LOT of things that a new boater doesn't have a clue about that can add up to a lot of repair expenses. Besides that, the excitement of getting a new rig will invariably cause a lot of "overlooking" of possible problems on your part, that your friend or boat inspector will not miss and can bring to your attention.

elfros
07-19-2013, 07:05 AM
how often do you REALLY plan to use it ? I had a nice deep v tracker and it collected dust not that I did not want to fish but work and family has a priority. I sold it and now have a nice 16 foot jon that I customized with a 25 hp Johnson and bow and stern trolling motors. whole rig I have $3000.00 in it. And I catch no fewer fish than a guy in a $30000.00 rig. Just weigh your options before you spend that kind of $$$$$$$ IMO

shipahoy41
07-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Hey Guys I have been what you consider a unfortunate on by always fishing on the dock or on the bank, finally I have decided to buy myself a boat what kind not to sure been leaning towards a bass tracker or a triton but I do know I want something with at least a 60hp! So here is what I am asking what type of boat do you have and to you what are the pro's and Cons of it? I have set a spending budget of 15k and no more! I plan on fishing the Arkansas river and hopefully a lot of the lakes in SE Arkansas! Any Info would be helpful!

That is a nice budget you have set aside for your first boat. My first "Real" boat was a Bass Tracker 17.5 with a 25hp on it. I miss that boat. It was great for crappie fishing.

Tundah
07-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I agree with something mentioned earlier...ACCESSORIES. I for one seriously lack patience and I would consider looking into used alum. boats that have at least some of the accessories you want or is enough below your budget to add them after purchase. That being said, I have a 2011 Tracker PT 190 and have no complaints. I bought it used with 8 hours on the engine and got a great deal. For a first time owner, alum. is more forgiving and easier on the wallet.

BoarBuster
07-19-2013, 09:09 PM
HI Rusty enjoyed our talk the other night. I would not let what BayouMonster steer me away from a good deal. As I told you the boat I bought is a 73 glassmaster with an 03 115hp fourstroke Suzuki. That had went thru Katrina. The majority of the deck was covered by a piece of plywood that was screwed over the giant hole. Carried the boat out it cranked first try no winding it up for take off. Ran like a top. The axle,springs and tires needed replaced. I gave $1000.00 for it knowing It was worth it. It cost $600.00 to replace the axle,springs,hubs, and tires/wheels. Called the insurance company and they checked on motor value at the dealerships two dealers had the same exact motor. Same hp same year. One wanted $3500.00 the other wanted $4500 or $4000 I don't remember which. If I had trashed the boat hull found another hull and trailer. I would still be ahead. Like I told you on the phone. Some times it can be good to find part of what you want and then look for the rest in a deal that some would pass up because they don't want to do and thing bt go fish and leave the repairs to someone else. I do a little at a time and still fish when I want to. Talk to you again soon.

Hanr3
07-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Some basic questions.
Side console, Tiller, or full console?
Fish and ski or just fish?
Bass style full raised deck, floored deep v, or something between the two?
Bass Style, Modified V, or Deep V?
How big of a gas tank do you need to feed that 60hp motor so you don't run out of gas on your lakes?
Where in the boat do you want the livewell?
How many livewells do you want?
How many gallons per livewell?
What species of fish are you after?
Is this a tournament boat, weekend warrior, or utility boat?
Family, friends- how many per trip? Got enough seats and load capacity to carry them safely?
DO you need a Marine radio? Does a local police/ natural resources agency monitor a channel on the marine bands?
Do you need a weather radio?
What style of fishing do you want to do- trolling, spider rigging, anchor up over fish cribs, fish docks, fish bays/fingers, fish the main lake, etc.?
How many weekends/ days per month are you using the boat?

I watched a guy at the boat ramp last night. This story belongs in another thread, but you will understand why I posted it here.
Him backing the trailer to retrieve his boat from the water. Wife, and two young kids in the boat. Truck is a relatively new Suburban, decked out and loaded with the camping gear, including firewood on the roof rack. Boat, brand new Alumacraft Competitor model, fully loaded. It was pretty obvious he had limited to no experience backing the trailer. After the forth attempt, he stopped, opened the rear hatch so he could see. I was waiting for him to move so I could back in to unload my boat. My son standing on the dock waiting for me, watches as the guy stops suddenly during his fifth attempt to back up, and both coolers and half their clothes slide out the Suburban and onto the ramp, cooler pop open and everything ends up on the ramp. I was going to offer a hand as I back down the ramp around him, he barks at me for parking in the wrong place. I could tell he was frustrated and embarrassed and he just needed to vent. I offered to help. He said he had it. Unloaded and offered him a hand loading the boat. His 4 year old son comes to help him, slips on the ramp moss and lands on his butt. This guy was not having a good day at the ramp.
Don't be that guy.
When you get your boat, find a empty parking lot and learn to back up. Also, if your having trouble, don't be afraid to accept some help. We all learned the hard way, and the learning was easier when we had a friendly hand.

Sorry, I digress. The reason for all the questions is to help narrow down the boat selection process. While you may not know what you want, yet. Knowing how you plan to use the boat will help to figure out the boat that fits your needs. There are hundreds of models of boats out there, each one is different from the next. Who knows, you may be happy with a pontoon boat?

elfros
07-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Some basic questions.
Side council, Tiller, or full council?
Fish and ski or just fish?
Bass style full raised deck, floored deep v, or something between the two?
Bass Style, Modified V, or Deep V?
How big of a gas tank do you need to feed that 60hp motor so you don't run out of gas on your lakes?
Where in the boat do you want the livewell?
How many livewells do you want?
How many gallons per livewell?
What species of fish are you after?
Is this a tournament boat, weekend warrior, or utility boat?
Family, friends- how many per trip? Got enough seats and load capacity to carry them safely?
DO you need a Marine radio? Does a local police/ natural resources agency monitor a channel on the marine bands?
Do you need a weather radio?
What style of fishing do you want to do- trolling, spider rigging, anchor up over fish cribs, fish docks, fish bays/fingers, fish the main lake, etc.?
How many weekends/ days per month are you using the boat?

I watched a guy at the boat ramp last night. This story belongs in another thread, but you will understand while I posted it here.
Him backing the trailer to retrieve his boat from the water. Wife, and two young kids in the boat. Truck is a relatively new Suburban, decked out and loaded with the camping gear, including firewood on the roof rack. Boat, brand new Alumacraft Competitor model, fully loaded. It was pretty obvious he had limited in no experience backing the trailer. After the forth attempt, he stopped, opened the rear hatch so he could see. I was waiting for him to move so I could back in to unload my boat. My son standing on the dock waiting for me, watches as the guy stops suddenly during his fifth attempt to back up, and both coolers and half their clothes slide out the Suburban and onto the ramp, cooler pop open and everything ends up on the ramp. I was going to offer a hand as I back down the ramp around him, he barks at me for parking in the wrong place. I could tell he was frustrated and embarrassed and he just needed to vent. I offered to help. He said he had it. Unloaded and offered him a hand loading the boat. His 4 year old son comes to help him, slips on the ramp moss and lands on his butt. This guy was not having a good day at the ramp.
Don't be that guy.
When you get your boat, find a empty parking lot and learn to back up. Also, if your having trouble, don't be afraid to accept some help. We all learned the hard way, and the learning was easier when we had a friendly hand.

Sorry, I digress. The reason for all the questions is to help narrow down the boat selection process. While you may not know what you want, yet. Knowing how you plan to use the boat will help to figure out the boat that fits your needs. There are hundreds of models of boats out there, each one is different from the next. Who knows, you may be happy with a pontoon boat?

X2 plus boat on week days if possible to learn your boat and how to handle it before you encounter weather and heavy boat traffic

bayoumonster
07-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Just remember that all outboards that run AT ALL, run good on the muffs in the driveway. Even if they're not running on all cylinders. A lake test is the only sure way of determining an outboards actual condition. It should crank easy, idle smooth warm or cold, not grind into gear, and not jump out of gear. It should accelerates smoothly and not bog or hesitate. At least check the compression (borrow a tester from a friend) and crack the lower unit oil drain and check the fluid. There should be clear oil--not water or coffee-looking oil. A compression test is done by screwing in a gauge to the spark plug hole with all the other spark plugs out of the cylinders and grounded, then cranking over the motor and taking the highest measurement the gauge reads. DO that on all cylinders. I like them to be within 5psi of each other, but within 10%
If a used boat, get a lake test!

There are a lot of people that buy a new boat after fishing with a friend that is very experienced, and find out that fishing is not at all as easy as it seemed. They rarely take out their boat and after a few years sell it taking a huge loss even though the boat is still in like new condition. That is the boat I suggest you look for. That way you'll have a nice rig, and not have a huge chunk of money in it.

Good luck!
JBJ

Cane Pole
07-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Good advice bayou. Take it out and try it out. If you don't know much about boats, take someone with you who does know. Hey, they all look purdy. Heck, I went for a ride in a new one before I was convinced to drop a wad.

Bobbyroy
08-02-2013, 02:25 AM
I would suggest you to explore Aluminum Boat Guide where you can reviews and compare pros and cons of different boats model.

fishingarkansas
08-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Today I will be going to look at a repo that is a express that a friend told me about really like the xpress boats they se to be high quality I will let yall know how it goes!

jeepguyjames
08-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Buy bigger and more hp than you think you need.......they some how shrink and get slower after a month or so......

fishingarkansas
08-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Well I went by and looked at the boat def was not what I was looking for still on the hunt

scout-j-m
08-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree with something mentioned earlier...ACCESSORIES. I for one seriously lack patience and I would consider looking into used alum. boats that have at least some of the accessories you want or is enough below your budget to add them after purchase. That being said, I have a 2011 Tracker PT 190 and have no complaints. I bought it used with 8 hours on the engine and got a great deal. For a first time owner, alum. is more forgiving and easier on the wallet.

I agree with this. Most boats out there are under equipped in terms of electronics, batteries, trolling motors, and other accessories. It's a good idea to consider what you may want to upgrade and what those will bring the total cost up to.

fishingarkansas
08-02-2013, 05:37 PM
hey guys I think I might of found my boat let me know if you think it is a good deal a friend of mine is selling his 2012 pro team 175 twx 60hp bass tracker with 6 yrs of warranty left less than 15 hrs on boat he is wanting 13,500 is this a decent deal?

Cmj
08-02-2013, 06:54 PM
hey guys I think I might of found my boat let me know if you think it is a good deal a friend of mine is selling his 2012 pro team 175 twx 60hp bass tracker with 6 yrs of warranty left less than 15 hrs on boat he is wanting 13,500 is this a decent deal?

Terrible deal! Just pm me his number andI will negotiate a good price for "you." :Rofl Just kidding. Sounds fair to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Big H trucking
08-02-2013, 06:55 PM

I think so......

fishingarkansas
08-02-2013, 09:44 PM
come 2 wks from today I will be the proud owner of a 2012 pro team 175 TWX with 6 yrs of extended warranty on boat and motor! Finally got my own boat!

Big H trucking
08-02-2013, 10:09 PM
come 2 wks from today I will be the proud owner of a 2012 pro team 175 TWX with 6 yrs of extended warranty on boat and motor! Finally got my own boat!

2wks???

fishingarkansas
08-02-2013, 10:15 PM
yea only time I can go to get it with his work schedule and my work schedule!

wannabe fisherman
08-03-2013, 06:10 AM
WOW I think I'd call in sick, cause I would be until I got my boat :Rofl

Crappie Greg
08-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Probably good deal, and already a done deal , but for a brand new one, 2013 $ 14,995133224

fishingarkansas
08-04-2013, 01:11 PM
But then u have sales taxs I have been to the dealership and its total after everthing is close to 17

Gomer Snerd
08-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Had an older friend come in to my store to visit Saturday. While there he told me he was gonna sell his alumacraft crappie pro with a 50 hp evinrude for 4000. It's a 98 model but he has used it occasionally. Looks like a good deal to me but I have 5 or 6 boats now.

eric 3501
08-08-2013, 08:09 PM
lots of real good info in this. thank you, as I am also trying to decide what I want to get ,( when I can).Thx again for the post. Eric 3501

Crappie Greg
08-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Check out the classifieds , nice polar craft for sale with alot of great extras already added , great buy!!!

popper
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Go to H2O sports in Sherwood and look at the lowes they are great boats

skiptomylu
08-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Okay I have not put my 2 cents in yet and you may want to take a litTle tIme a look for a Used Lund, not so easy to find, but one heck of a fine made boat. I posted on anothe board her just the other day where guys were talking about good boats and I will copy and post what I said there and you can be the judge for your self.

first part.....

Lund IMHO is the best aluminum boat, but they are not cheap either. I compared all the boats I could find when I bought mine and I finally zeroed in to Lund and G3 and both were the exact same size. I had a hard time deciding, it it came down to one thing which to me meant several things. The G3 weighed 300 pounds more. When this lake comes down I leave my boat in it's sling as long as I can so the extra weight I didn't see as good for this since that would mean a little more draft for the G3. Then I looked at why it was heavier and what I found was they didn't do the extra engineering and probably didn't have as much experience as Lund. Lund double plates every place it's needed and G3 just double plated the whole thing.
then if you look at where the Lind got its fame, it's the Great Lakes and Alaska. The Great Lakes are known to get very rough and wen you look at what kind of boats the guides use in Alaska, they all use Lund and there has to be a good reason for that.

then part 2.....

I also just remembered I went farther than what I said above and while in the shower I was thinking about this thread and thought harder and remembered what else I did. I called both companies and talked about their design Like I knew what the heck I was looking for right? Anyway I ask about material thickness then even the grade of Aluminum, the longitudinal bracing or stiffeners. So much was equal and not sure I have mentioned everything, but I looked harder than just how they looked to me. I have been really impressed with Lund and the way the design is laid out, like with the TM batteries in the floor just behind the front deck to move weight forward and not all in the rear like many boats. I am sure we have all seen how weighted down boats get with their batteries and fuel in the back. Well they even moved the fuel tank into the floor more forward than in the rear so you never loose the site of the horizon when taking off.

You can just tell a lot of thought went into this boat. Some of the lay out was done by some tournament crappie fishermen for this crappie edition of their Explorer model.

ANyway it's up to the person buying the boat and as long as you are satisfied then all else is moot and I feel sure you would most likely be happy with any of the ones talked about.

Then I added one more thing....

Sorry for the extra post, but looked at their site and found this bit of info you guys should consider. If you just take time to read these few things I believe you will see and understand why I bought a Lund. Then you decide if it's enough to make you a Lund owner or not.

Lund Difference | Lund Boats - Premium Aluminum Fishing Walleye Boats (http://www.lundboats.com/lund-difference/lund-difference)

Crappie Greg
08-09-2013, 05:56 PM
We call em Yankee boats down here in the south! Lol!!! Don't see many around these parts!

skiptomylu
08-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Same thing I call them and I am in East Texas. When I bought it there was only one dealer in the state, he got flooded out in a storm and they wouldn't let him rebuild where he was so he moved to Okalahoma. Now I don't know if there is even a dealer here, but it's one heck of a fine boat and designed better than any bass boat I ever owned or saw. They make things better by design and layout alone. So many good things about this boat!

Hookedonslabs
08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Fishark...check your PM...I sent you info about a friends boat that may be just what you looking for.:fish

crappieseeker
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
This sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If you have not checked out Lowe boats they are worth the look. I have always liked Tracker boats and they have always been good quality so I do not think you can go wrong with one. I got a good deal on a brand new Lowe Stinger 175 at the end of the year last year. It was a brand new 2012 with a 60HP 4 stroke and I gave 13,950 for it and I think taxes was about 450. I like my Lowe better than the Trackers because it is a wider boat with dual livewells and double seating up front.

Jcogburn
08-11-2013, 11:51 PM
I was was in the same boat not too long ago I bought my first boat in April. I bought an Alumacraft Navigator 175 with a 115 on the back. After looking at used boats for over 18 months I bought new, most people seem to tell you buy used on your first boat by I didn't want anyone's headaches and I didn't want to settle for features that I either did not need or could do with out. Being that this is my first boat and it brand new I think I am a little more cautious in most boating areas than I would be had I bought a used boat I could beat up. Good luck to you on your search.

BoarBuster
08-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Glad you got you a boat.I for one would like to see pics as you rig it out. Congrats. Sometimes its not that a person is having a problem with their boat that makes them sell it. The reason I was able to buy my boat from a coworker was that he had two boats and since his grandkids were statring to go with him he had decided that he needed a bigger boat. I even once called about a big boat that a fellow was going away. I had known about it for over a week and had I of called the day before he would have still had it. So I ask him what was wrong with it for him to give it away. His reply was nothing. He just needed room to get the bigger boat out. I still kick myself for missing that one.

Jcogburn
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Glad you got you a boat.I for one would like to see pics as you rig it out. Congrats. Sometimes its not that a person is having a problem with their boat that makes them sell it. The reason I was able to buy my boat from a coworker was that he had two boats and since his grandkids were statring to go with him he had decided that he needed a bigger boat. I even once called about a big boat that a fellow was going away. I had known about it for over a week and had I of called the day before he would have still had it. So I ask him what was wrong with it for him to give it away. His reply was nothing. He just needed room to get the bigger boat out. I still kick myself for missing that one.

Boar I usually post my pics in the Georgia forum but here are a few. I am currently rigging led lights under the external and internal gunnel.

BoarBuster
08-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Boar I usually post my pics in the Georgia forum but here are a few. I am currently rigging led lights under the external and internal gunnel.

Sorry I didn't look to see where you are from. Guess I blew that one. Must have had a blonde moment. However I do like the looks of those lights.

crappieman35
02-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Hey guy's. My name is jake and I am from franklin, my. I am new to this website. I am in the market for a new boat. I am leaning towards a x press 18pfc or a ranger aluminum 188c. Any suggestions?

ehall
02-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Just joined CDC in Nov.of 2013 and this site is an unbelievable resource for all things crappie. This thread has given me a lot to think about. Thanks to all of you for posting.

windstone
02-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Hey guy's. My name is jake and I am from franklin, my. I am new to this website. I am in the market for a new boat. I am leaning towards a x press 18pfc or a ranger aluminum 188c. Any suggestions?

if you want to look at a xpress go to the mississippi board and look for brm,(big river marine) he is a xpress dealer and probably will give you the best price of anyone. he is in west memphis, ark. and has several in stock.

BR1
02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
I just saw on Craigslist where Jet-A-Marina has a 2013 Lowe 170, motor is a 60hp Merc. for $14k. I think they said they have several colors.