Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thank You Indiana Slab Masters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You Indiana Slab Masters

I Joined this club the first year it came to be, having never fished in a tourney before in my life I thought... What a great excuse to try different lakes in Indiana!! Let me tell you from the very first tourney at Patoka I knew this was a different kind of club! I have never seen a club that tried to help make every member a better fisherman. if it isn't the members sharing stories in the parking lot after, it's the top five sharing how they did it on the speaker!
    I do not know how to show the gratitude I have towards what you all have done for me. My name is Ed Para you may know me from the White Tracker Tundra deep V I have fished out of the last year and a half, and I like to wear farmers overalls when I fish ( they're just so fuctional when fishing). My son Logan, who has fished with me in 6 to 7 tourneys, is 14 yrs old and 5weeks ago was diagnosed with Luekemia, We didn't make the Salamonie tourney. My regular partner Bob Bales fished it with his daughter. After he drove all the way there from Indy his starter broke prefishing the day before on the lake, so he called me up and I told him come get my boat!! so he did about 10pm friday night drove all the way back and made the tourney on time!! What I didn't know was His daughter's had made special t-shirts with TEAM LOGAN on them and when he showed up to return my boat Saturday evening with those shirts on and then he handed me the Indiana Slab masters cut of the 50/50 raffle that the club donated, tears hit my eyes. Thank you for all of the continued support of my son, many have posted on his caring bridge website under "loganpara" which he reads daily to those who have donated to his cause and offered even more!! Life has changed for me in these weeks. My wife couldn't believe the support we were getting from this fishing club!!!!! Logan felt well enough to go fishing yesterday so him I and a younger brother went to Raccoon and for some reason I have never enjoyed fishing more than that even though fishing was bad and boat traffic was worse seeing him out fishing me and teaching his little brother made my day. For the next 2 years Chemotherapy will consume most of my life and definatly his, so I don't know how much I can participate in the future but I will be there whenever possible!!! THANKS THANKS THANKS GOD BLESS

Ed Para

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,
    It's great people like all of "Team Logan" that make the club what it is, and we're very thankful to have you all in the club! I wish and pray for your son's speedy recovery, and look forward to crossing paths with you both when time permits!

Take good care!
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,

Thanks for the nice post. I have been praying for your family and I hope and pray for a complete recovery for Logan and your family. We will and would be honored to see you any time you can make it for a tournament. God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big Ed, Looks like I picked good night to lurk on Indiana's forum. Folks down here in Alabama will be Praying for your son and your whole family. May God strengthen and Bless you all. My sister lives in southwest Indiana and is gonna take me fishin, whos knows might see ya somewhere on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,
    Thank you for a great post.
    I'm so happy to hear you were able to get Logan out fishing again. I for one look forward to the day you both get to fish another tournament with us.
    I do recall the day you joined the club at the Johnson County fishing expo. I remember how reluctant you were to join but after you thought it over you finally joined and I'm so glad you did.
    Thanks for the updates.
    Tom
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I love Alabama Crappie!!!! I have fished Wiess the last 7 years. I'm jealous of your guys lakes and fish down there!! thanks for the post hoping to make it down there again soon with my son on the boat!!