Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie poles, what do Ya like?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie poles, what do Ya like?

I bought a nice St.Croix bass pole a few weeks ago, even though I do more Crappie fishing! but I use a cheapo 7ft light duty graphite pole for my Crappie, which made me wonder what everyone likes? I know a friend that has a 10ft pole, but that seems a bit long especially if you are casting jigs. So what size and type poles does everyone prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

10' Berkley Cherrywood for jigging, hands down the best jig pole I have ever used.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

8 ft pro angler tackle is my personal favorite

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    I bought a nice St.Croix bass pole a few weeks ago, even though I do more Crappie fishing! but I use a cheapo 7ft light duty graphite pole for my Crappie, which made me wonder what everyone likes? I know a friend that has a 10ft pole, but that seems a bit long especially if you are casting jigs. So what size and type poles does everyone prefer?
    I have an eclectic collection of Crappie outfits, and have designated primary uses for each of them ... but, some also double for secondary methods used. I'm neither brand specific, nor particularly brand loyal, in my choices. I currently have 14 outfits designated for Crappie fishing, of which I usually only take a maximum of 5 on any given trip. Shortest is 5' ... longest is 10' long. Which ones I take with me is dependent upon what lake I'm going to &/or what methods I'm likely to be using. I prefer to cast & swim jigs, or shoot docks, but will employ whatever method is necessary to present the bait in the most efficient & effective manner, given the location of the fish or situation at hand. For my preferred methods, I like a 6.5ft to 8ft rod for casting jigs, and a 5ft to 6ft rod for shooting docks. And, generally speaking ... I'll have a 6'6" ESP PowerLite rod with a Shimano Aero 1000 reel spooled with 6lb test Vicious hi-vis copolymer line, and a 1/16oz weedless jighead & solid plastic stinger type body tied on the line. This is what I usually start off fishing with, and only resort to other outfits when casting isn't producing.

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seven foot B-n-M is my favorite.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

8....14 ft. BnM Capps and Colemans for spider rigging........ And I have 10 BnM PST's in different lengths from 8 ft. to 14 ft. for pulling and pushing crankbaits, I have several different 10, 11, and 12 footers for single pole fishing but I like my 12 ft. rear seat Ozark the best for that.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-15-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huntalivesh23 View Post
    I agree, great rod!

Post Thanks / Like

Love my b&m uncle bucks
    Keeping the hook set right between the eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huntalivesh23 View Post
    another vote for this one!
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I love the B & M Sam's Supersensitive. 7' lengths is great for casting jigs.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast