Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about Glow Jig heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Glow Jig heads

I am working on a Glow jig head that looks almost unpainted or natural. My question is how many would be interested in something like that?

I am also working on a few colors that Glow.

I would show you a pic, but man taking a good pic of that is past what I know how to do yet, but I am working on that too, LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I might be interested in trying some of your jigs. Is the URL listed the site to order from?
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I remember a guy on here who had made some type of glass body glow jigs but I dont remember who it was. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has used the glow in the dark stuff while nightstalking. I cant see that it would help much when used with the lights but if you were fishing without them I can see where they would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    I thought I remember a guy on here who had made some type of glass body glow jigs but I dont remember who it was. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has used the glow in the dark stuff while nightstalking. I cant see that it would help much when used with the lights but if you were fishing without them I can see where they would work.
    That was "The Fisherman's Edge" guy. But I don't know what good it will do you. The only thing that might help your fish catching abilities is another hole in your head.:D Hollar at me later on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry
    I might be interested in trying some of your jigs. Is the URL listed the site to order from?
    Yes you can contact me through the web site listed in my Sig.

I don't know much about the glow jigs, but I have been told guy are catching more fish even in the day time on glow jigs. Is it true? I really don't know yet and my lake is so low I am not sure I will get to go unless it rains a lot.

Yes as someone already said the Fishermans Edge has glass head glow jigs. I am talking about lead head jigs and they would look pretty much as unpainted as many people like anyway.

If no one is really interested that is good too and will just save me some money.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    I don't know much about the glow jigs, but I have been told guy are catching more fish even in the day time on glow jigs. Is it true? I really don't know yet and my lake is so low I am not sure I will get to go unless it rains a lot.

Skip, I don't know about crappie jigs, but I have several buddies that do some saltwater fishing and swear by the glow baits and they are using these during the daytime.
    Dwyane
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Skip, I don't know about crappie jigs, but I have several buddies that do some saltwater fishing and swear by the glow baits and they are using these during the daytime.
    Dwyane
    Hey that is the same thing I have heard about fishing for crappie even during the day. That is why I am trying to see if anyone is interested. I bought enough to experiment some and I have tried different strength mixes. The last one is what I have been told is the strongest mix that you can do without it starting to look different, I guess it's not as nice looking with more glow added. This stuff I have inure form is supposed to have 12+ hours. Now I know the brightness gets less as time goes on, like the first hour is brighter then the 2nd.

I have to say I don't think you can expect the mix to last all that long, but it is pretty bright glow at first and during the day every time you bring it in the sun would recharge it. Wish I could get a good picture of it because it's interesting for sure.

I just tried one that is said to be daytime one color & another during dark glow. I am a little disappointed in it, but maybe I have done the wrong thing. It's a glow pink and I put it over just lead and it's see through, but I guess it will glow in the dark I'll just see in a little wile. I thought it would be more like paint.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-27-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

AI like those...Do you have brighter colors in a 1/64 or around that weight...I like my handmades to be light and colorful...Do you make the glow heads? I like them that way but can't find them in light head weights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    AI like those...Do you have brighter colors in a 1/64 or around that weight...I like my handmades to be light and colorful...Do you make the glow heads? I like them that way but can't find them in light head weights.
    I have 1/32oz., but if in truth that is size only. Meaning they actually weigh different than what the mold says and I think these are about 1/40th (even the hook size makes some difference). I can check to see if I can get some 1/64 and I am pretty sure I know where I can get them.

If you want some I will find them and coat and tie them for you. I have the ones I use in #8, #6 &#4 hooks.

Peak Vise Dealer

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use glow jigs. I like glow jigging spoons but glow jigs work just as well. When I charge them I barely charge them. I have more luck with a faint glow then a strong glow.