Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: y'all are getting a great new member to the nebraska forum

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default y'all are getting a great new member to the nebraska forum

my good buddy, freebird87,just moved to omaha from bossier city louisiana via the air force. yall be sure to welcome him. he is a jam up good crappie fisherman. we sure are gonna miss him.

docwaldo
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Thanks for the heads up! I look forward to chatting w/him.
    Year round fishing is the way to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docwaldo View Post
    my good buddy, freebird87,just moved to omaha from bossier city louisiana via the air force. yall be sure to welcome him. he is a jam up good crappie fisherman. we sure are gonna miss him.

docwaldo
    Wow! That's a pretty good endorsement from one of the best "white perch jerkers" in the south! Thanks Doc. and thanks TriggerJigger, I look forward to meeting you!

Hello to all the members of the NE forum! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all and finding a few places to wet a line. After the move, I'm ready to "recharge the batteries" and get on the water somewhere. My first question is if you all can help out finding a boat! I sold my Louisiana boat, that was mainly a saltwater flats boat --great for redfish, etc, but not ideal for the things I want to do up here. I'm looking for an 18' or so welded aluminum, preferably semi-vee, green or camo so it can double up for duck and goose hunts, to be able to put on the small lakes around the city as well as on the Missouri and even take up to SD and look for walleye and smallmouth. In the meantime, I have a canoe and will travel!
    Thanks All!

Freebird87
    All fishing, all the time!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice endorsement doc and I second it. Good luck finding the new boat and filling it with fish, freebird87.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Freebird87....if you ever get out west look me up and we can get after them.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

to Ne Freebird87. If there is anything we can help you with. Just let us know. My boat is down for now but I will have it up and running before long and maybe Chris, you and I can catch a few of the big ole Crappie from around here. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EB. Got my fishing license now burning a hole in my pocket. Took my son to college last weekend and now have no help to load the canoe anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Freebird to Nebraska. It's been pretty hot and dry around here so most folks like hitting the water early in the morning and well into the evening and overnight hours. You can try the Omaha Marine Center for used or new boats if you want out near 96th and L street.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CC! No stranger to early mornings here, as Docwaldo liked to get an early start in LA, hot or cold! I found just what I was looking for on Craigslist and now have a Lowe 1860 DLX w/ a 90 hp Merc & MinnKota TM in the garage. Title/registration taken care of today and need to get trailer plates from Alaska where I keep my residency. I understand you can still use the trailer w/out plates for 30 days with the bill of sale while I wait for the mail from AK, correct? Got a 4-day weekend and need to see if it fishes!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Let your friends in La. know how you did. Congrats on the new boat!!!
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast