Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night Fishing Do's and Don'ts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing Do's and Don'ts

OK, I started this Thread to hear everyone's opinions on Night Fishing for Crappie in the Summer time.
    I'd like to know about, fishing dock lights, and all types of Boat lights. I've had some success fishing at night and really just want to see how the rest of you do it!!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear about this as I've never done the night shift Crappie fishing.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Never done it...looking forward to trying. Any advice is much appreciated. Are there better baits/colors to use with the lights...or at night in general?

Post Thanks / Like

If you have not read them yet on this site is a reel-lites ad and when you pull it up there is a night fishing 101 page lots of info there.

Post Thanks / Like

I did read his Thread and really like what he has done with his lights, but REEL-LITE wants you to buy his lights and is using the form for free advertising , I'd like to hear from the ol timers and young guns who have there own way, and he mainly talks about anchoring over structure putting out the lights and fishing. There is nothing about dock lights or anything else for that matter. I'm not saying anything negative about REEL-LITE, Heck I have a green drop light and fish the same way he suggest on the form. We do real well at night fishing this way. I'm just trying to learn a new way or learn something new all together.

Post Thanks / Like

I have night fished for crappie for years and have bought many different lights . I now use two lights from Walmart and have just as much luck as the expensive green light. They are less than ten dollars each (110 volt clip lights) get a 50 watt 12 bulb and alligator clips to extend wires as needed to reach battery .I bought 2( 1/2") rod holder bases then had some 1/4x2x3 flat bar welded on short 1/2" bolts. Just screw the bolts in the bases on side of boat clip lights on and you set .Works real well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by efdavis View Post
    I have night fished for crappie for years and have bought many different lights . I now use two lights from Walmart and have just as much luck as the expensive green light. They are less than ten dollars each (110 volt clip lights) get a 50 watt 12 bulb and alligator clips to extend wires as needed to reach battery .I bought 2( 1/2") rod holder bases then had some 1/4x2x3 flat bar welded on short 1/2" bolts. Just screw the bolts in the bases on side of boat clip lights on and you set .Works real well.
    I would like to see a pic of your setup if you have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Don't even have a camera.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my rig working, but as you can see i also use a Coleman lantern so i have light in the boat and can see my rod tips. we are fishing in about 30 FOW right off the main river channel over some standing timber. Me and my son caught about 100 but only kept 40 that were anywhere from 10"-14", the night we fished was about a week after the full moon and we fished from about 7pm-3am.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast