Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Don@Eden

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don@Eden

Hey Don, long time no see. Hope things are going good down that way. Any idea of the date on the Spring Fling as i am gonna have to schedule vacation at work in about three weeks and would kinda like to know if it is a weekend I am off or not. I am gonna pre-fish it this time because i felt like a Crappie out of water there last time, but still had a ball. Can i rent a place to stay from you so i can keep my boat in the water and not have to pull it everywhere like last time?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Guy

I was up in your neck of the woods Tues and Wed, Tims was up in the bushes. We still have Kin Folk in Estill Springs and went up for a visit.
    CrappiePappie sent me an e-mail last week and he is working on Spring Fling dates now. TVA has thrown a monkey wrench into the mix, they are gonna pospone the spring rise for a month. We will not see full summer pool until May 15th, but half way by April 15th, this will probably have the lake coming up during the spawn, not a real smart idea but we all voiced our opinions to no avail, TVA will do as TVA wants. I do expect the dates will be mid April but you may want to give CP a yell and see what his plans are.
    We would love to have you stay here, just as soon as we know the dates give me a call and we can make it happen.
    Watts Bar is in good shape despite the rains, the lake is about a foot below summer pool and 59deg with just a little color, the crappie are biting good, it seems as if we are having our Fall fishing in Dec. catching a lot of small fish so things should be good next year as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don. I haven't been on the water lately, but by the amount of rain we have had lately, i figured everything was high. Had a bunch of hail here yesterday and last night i saw a little bit of snow. Maybe CP will figure out something soon. There have been a couple of new members on here from that area that are talking about coming. Hopefully the fling will be bigging and better than ever. Take care Don. Hope santa is good to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Don what are you using to measure water temps? 3 weeks ago my depthfinder was showing temps lower than 59 about 4 miles up river from Eden. Just wondering if my depthfinder is inaccurate, if the lake has warmed up or maybe you're getting your readings at 5 ft depth.