Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Our Rivers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Rivers

When the rivers fell out this spring I went to three of my favorite rivers rigged with worms and crickets. Every time, my partner and I caught a limit of my most favorite fish to catch and eat. I thought this was going to be a very good year. The record rainfall came and shut us down. This is the most rain we have had in Georgia since 1929. The past few years were so dry, it was hard to find any place to float the Crappie Jon.

I went with my friend Sonny down to the Altamaha two Mondays ago to look at the river after the rains. We found the river two feet above normal but it was not muddy down near Gleenville. We fished for an hour or so and did manage to catch enough for one of us to cook up. We both agreed that this rain could be a blessing for fishing the rivers this fall and especially next spring. They will have time to feed up in the flooded timber and grow to be record weights.

The Ogeechee will really be good next year after it was stocked by the DNR after the fish kill last year.

Pond fish don't count as they are too easy to catch and just don't taste as good as river fish.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yes the ocmulgee has ben so low the fish was consitrated in the channel they seam to be small especiley the channel cat fish .maby with the high water they will git a plenty of food .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

if water is want it takes, then water it is..................... good fishing in the fall

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i totally agree. road over the ogeechee river near 204 and 95 its way out of its banks. i want to fish the ogeechee at dashers point but its to out of its banks there.i just wished it would quit raining.