Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Flooded Out?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooded Out?

Hey guys! How bad was the rain/storms over the last 2 or 3 days above the Fishing Creek and Stumpy Pond? Are these two out of the question for this weekend (12/10)? I know that you can fish Wateree, but what about the others? Are there any special concerns about F.C. and S.P. that I need to worry about other than floating debree and don't get close to the damn? Also, would you change your fishing technique for high water or flooded lakes? How so?
    All of us "Minnows and Guppies" really appreciate you guys taking the time to "school" us in the art of crappie fishing. Thanks!!!!
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Hey guys! How bad was the rain/storms over the last 2 or 3 days above the Fishing Creek and Stumpy Pond? Are these two out of the question for this weekend (12/10)? I know that you can fish Wateree, but what about the others? Are there any special concerns about F.C. and S.P. that I need to worry about other than floating debree and don't get close to the damn? Also, would you change your fishing technique for high water or flooded lakes? How so?
    All of us "Minnows and Guppies" really appreciate you guys taking the time to "school" us in the art of crappie fishing. Thanks!!!!
    Got a ton of rain last night , dont know how much it affected the water though.We can usually handle the amount of rain that fell IF they let the dams run wide open.If they are pulling water hard the fishing should be ok.It probably wont be as nice as your last trip but I wouldn't call it off or nothing like that.Lots of reports about fish in very shallow water (like a foot or less) at night chasing shad.Look for the shad and you should find the fish.Hope this helps , good luck and be safe....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know what the rain has done to stumpy and fishing crk, but wateree yesterday was perfect except for the wind howling down the middle of the lake. there wasnt many small boats out there and the one i did see must have his insurance paid up. the guy was striper fishing like we was and not crappie. this feller was in a small boat and every once in awhile wed get a glimpse of him in the swells. we dint take nothing to crappie fish with so we wouldnt be tempted to give em a try if the striper wasnt cooperating. It would have been too windy to drift even with two socks out and you could forget using the electric unless you was in the slack water of a cove upwind somewhere. We did see two guys who was taking out when we was who put in as we did yesterday morning who somehow managed to catch 20 nice crappie and 5 stripers drifting in a cove somewhere. weve been down to wateree some here lately and all the crappie fishermen is telling us the same thing. they catching an unusual amount of stripers while they are fishing for crappie.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

i believe the man said that the 20 crappie was a 2 day total as well as the 5 stripers. they struggled yesterday as many did in the swells......almost reminded me of being 15 miles offshore :D .
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    i believe the man said that the 20 crappie was a 2 day total as well as the 5 stripers. they struggled yesterday as many did in the swells......almost reminded me of being 15 miles offshore :D .
    i was wondering how they managed to catch that many under the conditions we faced. i dint know they took two days to catch what they had.. that sheds more light on the puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

going for the crappie early tomorrow on wateree. hope the wind holds off till after 12 or 1. will give a report tomorrow pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Scout
    going for the crappie early tomorrow on wateree. hope the wind holds off till after 12 or 1. will give a report tomorrow pm.
    Hey steve, we caught the first two stripers we caught yesterday in the area you pointed me to. thanks for the tip.