Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garmin GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin GPS

Hello,

I am having a hard time with my garmin gps...I know how to save the waypoints..But, can't figure out how to get back to it...Shouldn't it point which direction I need to head?...Also, when I hit go to on the waypoint it just goes back to the list of my waypoints...Can anyone help me out on this?...Darryl showed me the basics on this gps but it has been so long ago I forgot...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeremy:

You have a Map76, right? I usually just use the map screen, which shows your position as a triangle in the center of the screen and your waypoints around you that are within the distance you have on the screen. Once you get in the area you are going to fish, zoom out until the waypoint you want shows up on the screen and then move the boat towards the waypoint and zoom in until you're back to 20 or 30-feet on the screen and when the triangle is over the waypoint on the screen you should be over your waypoint and see the cover you're looking for on your graph.

If you want to select a certain waypoint hit "Menu" twice and then scroll down to Points and hit OK. Then scroll to "Waypoints" and hit OK. Then select either "List All" or "Nearest" and hit OK. Then scroll down to the waypoint you want and hit OK. Then toggle over to "Go To" and hit OK and you should have some type of a line to follow from your positoin to the waypoint depending on whether you have your unit set up for "Bearing" or "Course".
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the information..I will try it..

Jeremy
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jerry,

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong..When I hit go to it just brings me back to the list of my waypoints..But, now somehow I have the gps setup where it showing streets, cities.. etc...I need to go to a seminar on how to use a gps...
    Jeremy
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 09-25-2006 at 07:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy, turn off all the streets and mapping. Set your GPS on the "blank" map screen and drive your boat to the area where you know your brushpile is. Using the in and out buttons, get to a distance where you can see your waypoint on the screen. Drive your boat to it and as you get closer zoom "in" until you're on the 30ft. setting. That should put you on it. The "go to" function of the GPS is for going to places you've never been and don't know where they are at. Just use the map screen and go there, use the in and out as need and get on it.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the info..

Jeremy
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Also on the map page I like to set mine with the pointer and distance to next displayed at the top. If you are interested in these options I can tell you how to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Greenwing,

How do you remove the pointer and the distances?...I want to get back where it shows the triangle where you need to go to on the page..Like it was setup when I purchased it..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye