Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowe FM 165 Pro SC versus G3 Angler V164C

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe FM 165 Pro SC versus G3 Angler V164C

I am considering these boats as a first new boat purchase in 20 years. I have no experience in deep V but from what I can tell this boat will fit what I am looking for for inland lake fishing; one of the nearby lakes is know for having wind and choppy waves.

The Lowe has 2 livewells whereas the G3 only 1. But the G3 comes with lighter weight Yamaha F70 whereas the Lowe I can get with either a Suzuki 70 or Mercury 75 - both of which weigh a good bit more than the yamaha. And this is a concern cause I want to mount a small outboard kicker/backup.

They both appear to be good boats, the G3 is wider but bottom width is about the same.
    Price is 16000 for the Lowe with the 70HP suzuki and 17000 for the G3.

Anyone have either of these boats or experience to steer me in the right direction or points I should consider positive or negative? Comments?

Post Thanks / Like

144 views and no opinions.
    Surely someone has purchased these boats. Help a guy out.

Post Thanks / Like

might want to check out walleye central message forum, those guys know the deep-v well.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why the weight of any of the three brands would be a concern. I fish a Polarkraft 168SC deep V and have a F115 Yamahammer and 8hp kicher on the transom.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    I don't see why the weight of any of the three brands would be a concern. I fish a Polarkraft 168SC deep V and have a F115 Yamahammer and 8hp kicher on the transom.
    Thanks,

Does your boat have good stability when moving from side to side? Some folks are trying to talk me out of buying the deep-v saying I would have much more stability with a semi-v like an 1860. I was looking at the 1860 before I started thinking deep-v.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Crestliner Deep V and you didn't even know anyone else was in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased a used deep-v (2004 smokercraft) and I have to say it is very comfortable to fish from and easy to tow when compared to my previous stratos bass boat. I'm just having trouble with the 30-35mph speed limit of the new boat as compared to the 50-55mph I got from the bass boat. On the upside, I'm saving a ton of money at the gas pump and I feel much safer when boating with my little guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdtfish View Post
    Thanks,

Does your boat have good stability when moving from side to side? Some folks are trying to talk me out of buying the deep-v saying I would have much more stability with a semi-v like an 1860. I was looking at the 1860 before I started thinking deep-v.
    Yes mine is stable from side to side. It has an 87" beam. It does lift the nose a little when my partner goes to the back to take a leak when we fish two up front. Other than that it's a show nuff fishing moesheen. I think you will really like a deepV. I enjoy the heck out of mine. Comfortable seats are a big plus and your stuff doesn't get blow out or kicked over the side as easily as it does on some boats.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell ya man Spec I have plenty of red coffee cans. I send hime one.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, to add to the confusion I looked at other boats today. Found a used 2004 Triton 17' bass boat with 4-hp engine. Like it but...
    Looked at Lund rebel 1650 deep-V and a Crestliner V-17 simi-v as well as a 1860 Crestliner and a 1650 Crestliner. I liked the V-17 best of all BUT I am partially disabled and think I may fall from the deck of the V-17. The 1860 is a beast but not comfortable sitting in it. It is looking more and more that the deep-v is going to be one of the only boats I am going to feel safe in. Now I have to find (haven't found one yet) a G3 164c to look at to compare with the Lund. They end up being THE EXACT SAME PRICE except the Lund has a 60 HP Mercury and the G3 has the 70 Yamaha - which I prefer. The only 2 things I disliked about the Lund was that the windshield would be almost worthless as it is too low and the seats offer no support for lower back; they give way to much. Other than that it is one fine boat.