Launching today at 4 am in the pre-dawn hours from the ramp off 113 by Old Sauk road in Okee my two daughters and I worked ( they pitched, I piloted ) the shoreline heading east by north in the 109. Working piers and shorelines with limited success from the landing and towards and then past Fitz's on the lake and then entering the bay by Anchors Away is when things changed. The blacks we surfacing like porpoises as the early dawn rays came over the Dekorra bluffs and first light hit at the pad edges. In great numbers the blacks were working something and swelling the waters. Navigating the 109 into the weed masses I got more crap on the trolling motor than Carters' have liver pills. Cleaning the unit off, I noticed some bugs that looked like 3/4 inch dragon flies, somewhat clear or transparent. The girls switched over to a non weighted # 10 sinking fly, off white to more of a lighter grey in color. No sooner would their clear bobber hit the edges, a count to three, and the bobber was down or running like a mouse from a cat. That feverish activity continued until almost 8 am when the clear humid skies claimed victory over the fish and the young girls. C/R was the game this dawn, and the girls used their zebco 10 foot crappies catcher ultra lights to perfection. The monarch hull sides look like a slimy mess this day as the bugs we noticed in the waters cling to it like zebra mussels to the shoreline. Dad is heading to water cattle while they get the buckets and brushes out to clean the 40 year ole boat for its next assault on the local blacks. Take your kids out this day, they are the present and future conservationists in training..............