Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwell swamp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackwell swamp

Thought about going kayaking there Friday, anyone know how the high level of the river will affect it, if at all? I was hoping maybe the water had came up a foot or so and I could work some spinnerbaits over the lilly pads under the water.

Thanks,
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

the biggest snakes ive ever seen were in blackwell, ive always heard of big gators in there. ive only seen two gators and they both were smaller 6 foot or so...caught some nice fish back in the swamp..it does flood out at times...

Post Thanks / Like

Went Friday, the water was 3ft or more above normal and a little dingy. Saw several big carp, a few bluegill and one large cat swim by. Had two hits on a frog but couldn't connect. To be honest I was paddling more than fishing because that is a neat place to explore. Didn't see any of the gators or snakes but I was cautious and stayed away from the floating islands. My depth finder said the hole right there at the put in was 20ft deep, the rest was anywhere from 2-5, not sure if that was to the tops of the underwater lilly pads or actual depth though. Hope to go back and check it out some more when the water comes back down and clears up.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i usually just fish within 300 yards of were you put in. plenty of trees and laydowns in that deep water. i caught a big chain pickerel in there one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Which end do yall put in on? The couple times I've been, I put in on the west side but I know there is another place on the NE side.

I may throw my flatbottom in and head over there after work one day later this week.

Post Thanks / Like

North east end. Take the loop that starts out around the north end and you'll come to a spot that is the put in. It's a little wider and carved out from traffic over the years. The hole that was the deepest is just a few feet out from the launch area.

Here's a little write up about my experience there.

Backwater Kayaker < just starting this up but I hope to cover almost every little hole that holds water within driving distance. So far that's been Mud Creek to Mallard Fox Creek.
    Last edited by Predator130; 07-16-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Cause I aint too educated.
    Likes joshtmcguire LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - keep adding stuff to it, somewhat for my own records but if any of it ever helps anyone that's great too.

Flint Creek is actually next on the list, going after some Smallies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Predator130 View Post
    Thanks - keep adding stuff to it, somewhat for my own records but if any of it ever helps anyone that's great too.

Flint Creek is actually next on the list, going after some Smallies.
    Going after smallies in Flint Creek?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry mistype - Flint River.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast