Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cedar creek lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default cedar creek lake

Going on Saturday. Haven't been there in a few years. How is it?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basstracker76 View Post
    Going on Saturday. Haven't been there in a few years. How is it?
    Can't say it's from any of MY personal experience but I've heard that the Crappie are getting up to good size, and in good numbers.
    Currently, the fishing report is outdated by a couple of weeks, but last report was that the Crappie were being caught at night under lights, on minnows. Fishing Report | Cedar Creek Lake Outfitter's

The lake is likely "full" ... but, since it has a static drain system, it can't flood. I've seen the lake water "murky", but mostly in the main creek branches ... rarely in the wide area at the dam.

Were I going, I'd look for the thermocline ... and standing timber with brush near the base, that extended above the thermocline depth. And, if I was planning on using minnows, and would normally take 4-6doz to any other lake ... for Cedar Creek, I'd likely take closer to 10-12doz just because of the number of "other fish" that would likely want to snack on them (especially if fishing during the day, but not confined to the daytime).

I'm not suggesting any of this because of personal experience, as I've never used minnows on Cedar Creek. It's just a suggestion, based on reports I've heard/read.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pappy. Good info

Post Thanks / Like

I am amazed. We got so much rain last week and over the weekend I figured it would weeks before being able to go anywhere. However, someone told me that Cedar Creek might be clear. I haven't been in almost 3 weeks after going every weekend for almost 2 months, so... I was close to that area today and swung by. Cedar Creek down on the dam end was clear enough to see 2 feet maybe more into the water. A little murkiness started there, but even that was not bad, especially to what I was thinking it would be like. Have no idea what it would be like on the upper end or where any creeks feed in...
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-10-2013 at 04:47 AM.