Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Richard Williams rods

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Richard Williams rods

I see they are in now and was getting ready to order 2 of the 7.5 footers. How are they in weight say as compared to a Sam's super sensitive? Or I guess I should ask how the 10 footers compare.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The 7.5 ft RW rods are light as a feather and the nicer of the two rods as it comes with the cork handle. The 10 ft rod is pretty light as well. Not sure how it compares to the BnM Sam Heaton rod. I have held them both but not at the same time. It would be nice to have them both in my hands at the same time to make a comparison of the two's weight. But I would predict that they both are very light weight and easy on the hands. If you fish all day long for 8 hours you can tell if the rod is too heavy or just right.

I do know that the BnM 12 ft long Graphite Jig Pole is heavier than the 10ft long Richard Williams rods. But the Sam Heaton 10ft rods should be much lighter than the BnM 12 ft long Jig Poles

Just remember that BnM make a lot of different poles and that some are heavier than the others. The Sam Heaton's are the lighter rods and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I see they are in now and was getting ready to order 2 of the 7.5 footers. How are they in weight say as compared to a Sam's super sensitive? Or I guess I should ask how the 10 footers compare.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry-Southern Indiana

I've got two 10' rods. I use them everytime out. I would recommend them to anyone. Pretty light and pretty sensitive. Good rod for the money. Had them for a year now.

Larry