Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday tough, today better, RIGGED UP a limit, gave em away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterday tough, today better, RIGGED UP a limit, gave em away.

Yesterday Woody, a member, and I hit the upper grand. We fished up from BS, down from BS, and had two keepers and flicked many dinks off the hooks. Headed home and took him to our HOA lake, hit a couple of beds and filled a nice ice chest full of bluegill and redear.

Today, headed back up, rigged up from the U highway bridge, but below the power lines. Pink/char tipped with minners or nibbles got a bite. Light, very light, some lifters, some holders. Nice limit of 10-12" fish. There were two other boats fishing the area, when they were leaving we got to talking, they went on up past the power lines, I had two at that time, on their way back down, they chatted again, I had six then. When I got back to the marina they were having a couple of barely pops at the dock. When I was loading my catch in the milk crate they came up to see. They were impressed, he said, "Can I help you clean em, they might be the only fish I get to clean all weekend." I said you can do one better, you can have em. He took a pic for me and got to cutting em up. He said they had one keeper between two boats.

Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  53.2 KBName:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  44.6 KBName:  IMG_0047.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  58.1 KB
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good catch.Great thing givin those guys ur fish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job getting after them and sharing the catch. Any depth that the bite was best?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah man your a nice guy. And congrats. On the day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wing View Post
    Good job getting after them and sharing the catch. Any depth that the bite was best?
    Shallower was best. 8-9' regardless of water depth. I had marked one tree earlier with a marker buoy and messed it up by snagging it. Came back later and kept down wind and pitched the jig/minnow to it and let it swing. They sure made that line dance when they snapped it up.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job and even greater gesture!!! I bet you made those fellas day!!! That's what it's all about!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and nice of you. Pic of your boat makes me think I seen you fishing alone awhile back early spring by U bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the nice fish. I see you bought one of those stands for the fish locator, make it a little easier on the neck when you don't have to keep looking down at the locator to see where the brush piles are.

Post Thanks / Like

Fella at camp kept bugging me to take it off his hands. Glad I traded him $30 for it. Works out well.

Post Thanks / Like

Now it looks like you need a rod holder rack. You got the boat looking good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast