Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Inforcement on Wapp. lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inforcement on Wapp. lake

Has anyone heard of tickets being given on
    Wapp. lake for short fish? Keep hearing that short fish are being taken out and no one is checking them.....just wondering....Jigpole

Post Thanks / Like

mduncan62......I kon't keep them either but still hear that they are keeping the short fish at Wapp. Lake. They started a 9" limit on the lake last Mar. and hav'nt heard of tickets being issued. Maybe they have and just havn't heard. Do know lots of people that have stopped fishing the lake cause the fish are so short. Catch 50 plus and keep three maybe. Noticed that the orginal post has been viewed 79 times and you are the only one to respond. maybe no-one knows......jigpole

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no doubt in my mind that there are some that don't care about size limits in the Wapp area. Deer hunting seasons and deer dog prohibitions don't stop them so why should a little thing like size limits. People like that give all law abiding outdoors men and women a bad name especially to the non hunting and fishing community.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    There's no doubt in my mind that there are some that don't care about size limits in the Wapp area. Deer hunting seasons and deer dog prohibitions don't stop them so why should a little thing like size limits. People like that give all law abiding outdoors men and women a bad name especially to the non hunting and fishing community.
    Yes it does. Wished the fines was higher for illegal actives having to do with hunting and fishing.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

i've talked to several people who've been checked. it was early this year though. they do need to write a few tickets to get some fear into people.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Working for the public takes some fine tippy-toeing and tight line walkin'. You can't be over-aggressive and write everyone a ticket right off the bat. Just imagine the public outcry in the local newspaper. And that some of the people who come there are out of towners, who don't read up on local game laws. Let's face it, the state doesn't want to scare away the economy boost from them. From what I've heard the department does with many new regs is they allow a grace period which they "lightly enforce" the new law. After it has time to become common knowledge (which I don't know how long a period that is or needs to be) they will enforce it like any other law. Also the agents are spread out thinner than them crappie there at the Wapp :rolleyes: and its hard for them to be everywhere at once.
    I'm not pro-poaching but I'm for a happy-medium......
    Dang yall, after reading this post I just realized my true calling.....................politician:D
    My .02----rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"