Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod choice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod choice

Hey guys I'm looking for an 8ft pole & wondering if any of you have used the Gander Mountain "Guide Series Crappie" rods? Also, I'm looking into the BassPro Shop "Crappie Maxx" rods. Any comment on either of these is appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the crappie maxx ae pretty good. I prefer pro angler tackle rods. The 8 ft jig pole of theirs that I have is the best I've used

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Both good poles, and my 8' BnM (BGJP) is a favorite of mine. Keep in mind that most of these rods come in different actions so be sure that you are comparing apples to apples. The availability of replacement tips is another consideration, at some point it will be an issue. The Wally Marshall signature rods that I handled in Cabela's a week ago was also well built and very nice. Overall weight and balance were good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huntalivesh23 View Post
    I've heard the crappie maxx ae pretty good. I prefer pro angler tackle rods. The 8 ft jig pole of theirs that I have is the best I've used
    I'm glad to hear this! After a few hours of research I ordered two 8ft Pro Anglers! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

What type of reel do you like to use on your Pro Angler rods?

Post Thanks / Like

I just used a couple of my old bass fishing bait casters cause I think they're a lot easier to control when jigging. But I really like the bass pro extreme lite. They seem to be very smooth and well built for the price.