Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 7/4/13 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7/4/13 report

I haven't seen a report in report in awhile so I thought I'd share mine.. Got on the water @ 6:00 am. Heavy fog, water temp was 75 and heavily stained. Started long lining Southern Pro grubs and got a few dinks. Switched to cranks around 7:30 and picked up a few over 9" but nothing over 11".. While trolling the grubs, I found some new stumps (8 FOW) and went back later to them and started jigging under a cork. That produced the better fish for the day. Had 13 over 10" and the biggest being 15" weighing 1 lb 10 oz. Jigs used were Red/char & blk/char Grizzly Jigs Dead Ringers ... All fish were release. In fact, I'm positive I caught the same fish twice by the scar it had... Didn't catch a fish after 9:30.... Happy 4th and be safe....

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  49.0 KB

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see a report of this morning as I ran down to Patoka this morning as hadn't been on the lake in over a year and wife had to work this morning. I launched at Walls, went up about a 1/4 mile and trolled cranks up the channel next to timber for about 2.5 miles starting at 6:30am and caught about 18 with only 2 over 11". Then about 8:30 went below the Walls Launch and trolled timber and in and out of the creek channel and only picked up one more dink,,and about 9:30 it was over for me as I fished till 11:15 am and didn't catch anything else myself,,and had to leave and go home for the 4th cookout. Lake was mirror calm all morning, and it seemed to me the lightly stained water was better fishing above Walls than below as it was cristal clear and I could see fish around stumps and show a ton suspended everywhere due to the weather. I did encounter a couple of drizzling showers that lasted 5 minutes each and there was little to no activity on the surface of the lake anywhere. Also only saw 4 boats of others fishing and they were catching much of nothing themselves using live bait. One boat of bass fishermen told me they weren't getting any hits either. Other than having the lake to pretty much myself, it was a good morning to be out. Enjoy the 4th. Water temp was 80. Trolling speed was 1.4 to 1.8mph, and depths of 200 series bandits was 8' down to 12' bouncing off timber every now and then. Colors best hit was mad cow, yellow craw, and salad bar. no hits on chrome, black, reds, or flor. green colors. I got the better hits slower speeds also.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report guys, I thought about going all day yesterday.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there to fishing weird thing the fish quit biting round 9:30 for me to. Kinda thought conditions were great cloudy and a ripple on the water. But I guess they were just done feeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish and report! Thanks!