Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Default hooks

my daughter left on of my plastic boxes out and some of my hooks and sinkers got moister in them, they have rust and oxidation on them, with this be less attractant to slabs? should i toss them? what should i do?
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

the thing I would worry about is the hooks getting weak and dull. when indout throw it out, you wouldnt want to loose anyfish to a little rust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie52
    my daughter left on of my plastic boxes out and some of my hooks and sinkers got moister in them, they have rust and oxidation on them, with this be less attractant to slabs? should i toss them? what should i do?
    If your going fishing before you can get new hooks, use em. If not, chunk em and get yourself some new ones. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you are going to use them fairly soon say a couple of months, they should be fine. Otherwise, throw them away as cheap as hooks are. Some folks like bronze hooks anyway. I don't see a lot of difference in the bronze or rust color, especially in the water. I prefer gold hooks to help attract the fish. My thinking is that it helps resemble the scales of a bait fish with its occasional flash.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF