Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: K-Mart sale in your area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default K-Mart sale in your area?

I stopped in to my local K-mart on a whim today. I've been thinking of picking up a couple of low cost poles to have as loaners or extra's. I had read about the Berkely Cherrywood series somewhere else on this forum and they had some at $19.99 so I picked one up. At the checkout it rang up as $9.99. I held my tongue and took it out to the van. Thought about it a bit and went back in and picked up another, slightly different version; same sticker price, same sale price.

I didn't notice any signage regarding a fishing tackle sale but it might be worth a look if you have a store near you.

I don't know how good these will be or how long they will last but as spares or beginner rods, it might be worth a try. As always, your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a cherrywood series pole for many years for crappie, good rod light action but it was sure fun to catch crappie on, but then on day Mr. catfish came along and then left with the rod tip. For your price that was a excellent buy and yes I would have bought at least two maybe 4 at that price. You did good. About the only thing on sale at Kmart stores in Northern Illinois are the stores themselves, Every year they close out a few more, closed the local one last month closing another one few towns over, no good sales as they seem to up the prices a few weeks ahead of sale then offer 20% off, some people just buy buy buy thinking they are getting a deal-ha and of course when sale starts the NO return policy starts, I looked at fishing items all over priced, looked at mens light weight jackets and bed spreads& quilts, all merchandise looked like seconds bad sewing, rips, etc. Sorry to get off subject, just be very careful if shopping a Kmart closing sale.......
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

cheerwood rods arent bad at all for the money i.ve put many of a wht bass in the boat with the two i have. im and old grocery mgr. and i have a suspicion that the price was entered wrong in their computer system in that particular store. i could be wrong tho

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they are on sale for all of July.

Berkley Cherrywood Fishing Rod - Fitness & Sports - Fishing - Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Best rods I have....and I have many.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)