Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton 7-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton 7-2

Caught some quality fish today on tree's in 5 -7 fow, tree's were out on a flat. Water is very stained up lake, not muddy but only able to see the chartreuse tube tail down about 5". Caught a dozen, but 4 were over 13 and most were over 11. Not bad compared to all the dinks I've been catching. Think I'm off the water till next week, the holiday boaters can have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Were you using minnows or jigs? I am going to fight the wave runners and watch the side show at the boat ramp because I have the time off.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught them on a 2 1/4" blue/charteruse tube, black 1/8th oz. head. Was on the safe side of the no ski bouys.............. that won't help at the ramp!! Cheer them 3 times a year backers on

Oh yea, they wanted a crappie nibble on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Those no ski buoys do not stop the idiots. I was out there on memorial day and some idiot was wake boarding back there and to top that he had a pa system announcing every time the other idiot would crash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by center12 View Post
    Caught some quality fish today on tree's in 5 -7 fow, tree's were out on a flat. Water is very stained up lake, not muddy but only able to see the chartreuse tube tail down about 5". Caught a dozen, but 4 were over 13 and most were over 11. Not bad compared to all the dinks I've been catching. Think I'm off the water till next week, the holiday boaters can have it.
    Last time ya saw me out there, I noticed a 'brown algae' coming on. Sure looks like muddy water tho. Fish do get used to it, but when 1st shows up, it can kill a good bite. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really care to fish the stuff, but there are fish to be had so I guess I'll be up in it. Catching some good fish sure helps build the confidence level in what your doing and it opens up a lot more opportunities in other parts of the lake. Will probably be out every morning next week(shift work has it's benefits), if I get my wheel bearing fixed.......got one making a little noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Last time ya saw me out there, I noticed a 'brown algae' coming on. Sure looks like muddy water tho. Fish do get used to it, but when 1st shows up, it can kill a good bite. <*)}}}><
    It sure has messed up the bite for me. what does it take for it to go away? How long will it last. What causes it? Thanks
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

It's getting the time of year that I would be night crappie fishing under a floating light but it is going to have to wait a while. My Johnson 70 HP motor lost spark 3 weeks ago so Friday I took it out, car washed 2" moss off the pontoons so it would not dry on like concreet, painted the pontoons with aluminum color paint, and dropped it off at Arnie's to be repaired. He is backed up 2-3 weeks so the paint has plenty of time to set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Water up in Rock creek is even more stained than last week. Caught one short fish in the trees that produced last week, did get a few keepers on brushpiles in cleaner water. Ended up having to put new bearings on one side of the trailer, other side was still smooth. Added a Lowrance elite-7 to the trolling motor, will be giving it a try in the morning.

Chatt, where you buy your minnows in Lawrence? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by center12 View Post
    Water up in Rock creek is even more stained than last week. Caught one short fish in the trees that produced last week, did get a few keepers on brushpiles in cleaner water. Ended up having to put new bearings on one side of the trailer, other side was still smooth. Added a Lowrance elite-7 to the trolling motor, will be giving it a try in the morning.

Chatt, where you buy your minnows in Lawrence? Thanks.
    I get them at Clinton Parkway & Wakarusa Dr. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast