Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moose, scan a Live crappie! Let's win the prize.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose, scan a Live crappie! Let's win the prize.

Email me the scan and I will paint it up with pspro, we can spit the bounty.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

this I want to see
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see what the wifey says about the dripping, stinking scanner once they're done!

Don't get letricuted!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get letricuted!
    Ha! - Would the headline read: Local fisherman gets burned trying to enlarge his catch" ? :D

Post Thanks / Like

More like
    Big time fisherman joint the ranks of homeless
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Say not to slime and ICKy Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dudes are toooooooo much LOL

Hey ED. What software do you use for photo editing. Not paint shop Pro by any chance? Or do you use adobe the good stuff. I have the Adobe Photo Shop Elements 2.0 but not the big Adobe Photo Shop program.

If you use these then I want to pick your brain about them sometime soon.

One of my aquarium crappie got diseased and died. I threw him out in the garden. It was the small white crappie. I mad the mistake of leaving a dead 3" long shiner minnow in the tank for several days to a week. I was hoping that my baby mud catfish would have something to eat as he is way too little now to eat minnows. I saw him feeding on a dead minnow once and that gave me the idea. Well that won't happen again. He will get worms or some beemoths or soemthign else. The dead minnow must have got a fungus growing on it and the small crappie got a spot on his fin that was about the size of a nickle and had white fuzzy stuff growing out of the middle of the sore. The edges were bloody and red streaks around the edge of the sore. He also has some white fuzzy mold like stuff growing in spots on his head. All this happened overnight. He was ok one day and the next afternoon I saw him suspended high in the tank and I took a look at him and immediately saw the problem. I went out and got some medicine but that didn't help. Two days later (Yesterday) he died.

Man you guys want me to get the heck shocked out of me or what? Putting a live crappie in or on my neighbors HP scanner? LOL Let me think about it for a while hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tap tap tap Well not today guys. LOL

It would make a nice picture though if he would hold still. I could wrap the glass with some clear plastic wrap and that would work. I think it would work better to just take the crappie out of the water and lay him on a board and then take a macro lense and take the picture of him. With a macro lense you can get real close up pictures. Lighting would be the key as you would need a RING LIGHT that would evenly light the close up.

My good camera is out of action. Some how the mirror got glues to the foam padding that cusions the mirrow when it lock up and out of the way when taking a picture. Not sure exactly how that happened. Never heard of a camera having that problem. This is my good Professional Pentax LX camera body too. I need to send it off to Pentax to have it repaired. Right now I want to sell the thing and get a good Pentax Digital camera that can use all the Pentax lenses that I have.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Mooose, I use Fireworks, PSP and Photoshop. I am most familiar with Fireworks, but often switch from one to another if I can't figure out how to do something within a couple minutes. You see, I have no patience, I want to get everything done fast. Anyway, I'm no expert at those tools but I can make my way around. Do you have any questions about anything specific?
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Yea soon I will start wanting answers on how to splice pictures together. Photo Stitch them together that is. These maps are so big that I have to scan then in pieces and then stitch them back together again to recreate the big orignal.

If you know how to do that in PSP8 that would really help. I have not been able to get two pictures where one is transparent and can be moved over the other one and then merged. All I see is the place holder where the image should be and it's a checkerboard pattern. I don't know too much about how to work with Layers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    Mooose, I use Fireworks, PSP and Photoshop. I am most familiar with Fireworks, but often switch from one to another if I can't figure out how to do something within a couple minutes. You see, I have no patience, I want to get everything done fast. Anyway, I'm no expert at those tools but I can make my way around. Do you have any questions about anything specific?
    Regards,

Moose1am