Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please READ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please READ

Something we all need to read. We should try to find out more info, but according to this report, we could all be breaking the law by fishing.

http://www.ybw.com/ibinews/newsdesk/...23ibinews.html

Some info about the Judge.....

Judge Robert G. James, U. S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, Nominated by William J. Clinton on January 27, 1998

Info on the Case:

Civil Docket No. 3:01-CV2624
    United States District Court; Western District of Louisiana; Monroe Division

Any of you down south ever heard of this ruling?
    Last edited by CrappieMagnet; 09-22-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

CM, i thinks its a bunch of bull that he would do that, that article is very similar to the one i posted a couple weeks ago from la sportsman.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=25237
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    CM, i thinks its a bunch of bull that he would do that, that article is very similar to the one i posted a couple weeks ago from la sportsman.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=25237
    Yes it is and I took your post and put it on other forums so thanks for posting that one from La. Sportsman.

I really don't appreciate our government being more involved in our lives that they already were. Don't want them into our fishing and telling us we can't use the public water ways no matter where they are.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

somebody needs to find more info on this subject, for sure. I think there is a law against fishing over anothers property when the flood waters are up making it assesabale where it otherwise would not be. But the way i intrepet that, you could'nt even get out of main river

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these judges are legislating from the bench. Congress needs to start processes of impeachment on any of these judges that are found to be interpreting the law extremly to any political party's views, lobiest views, or personal views! Of course we all know congress can do this but they don't have the nads. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet you that "judge" ain't no fisherman!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

its mainly a louisiana thing, when the missippi river floods people are going in peoples flooded property etc, by flooded ditches etc etc,,, its mostly common sense and plain courtesy..think id be upset too with all that water down there and people have to ride through my property

Post Thanks / Like

The first ruling says up to the normal high tide mark so going onto other peoples property in flood conditions could be seen as trespassing. As to the second rulling...................guess they'll have to lock my butt up cause I'm going fishing! Aint government great?

Post Thanks / Like

we have a creek that runs right threw our pasture, so we put a fence across the creek to keep the horses in,kids kept coming under the fence so we put up no trespassing signs , just afraid these kids might get hurt by the horses, more of a liability then anything,,,someone called in on us and sheriffs department showed up wanting us to remove the signs ,telling us that noone owns the rights to any water.. im not talking about a deep creek for fishing its a small rock bottom creek,, we moved the fence back and took our dozer and made the kids a nice little area to play in outside the fence....so far so good....

Post Thanks / Like

jhef, i dont think you really understood what they are saying, what i get out of it is that judge is saying is that it doesn't matter if you are fishing, hunting, or just boating it is illegal and against the law. Think about it, If you have a camp that is not accessable by road and you are required to go by boat or plane to get there, how are you gonna go? do you fly in a plane that you don't hardly any of us have or drive by boat, and if the entire Mississippi River has a restriction like this one it, you would have to break the law to get to your camp.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast