Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to all

I am new to Crappie.com. For the last 20 years I have traveled the South chasing bass. Recently, I retired from my job and decided to relax and just enjoy fishing so I traded my big Champion for an 1860 War Eagle with a 115 four stroke Yammie. I joined this website and started soaking in all of the valuable information. I sold most of my bass gear and purchased a set of B&M trollers, line counter reels, a MinKota I-Pilot, Hi Tek rod holders, an assortment of jigs and skirts and kept my Bandits, Rebels and Strike King 3XD's.
    I started off Spider Rigging and jigging with fair sucess. Then I started trying to pull my cranks. Yesterday the crankbait pulling came together. My bass fishing partner and I caught 40 nice fish pulling on Kentucky Lake. It takes some getting use to, but with the help of the information on these pages I think I am getting the hang of it.
    I live at the back of the Big Sandy, so I think I am in a pretty good area. Thanks to Louis at Grizzly Jigs for hooking me up on everyyhing I needed. And special thanks to the crew on this site for the invaluable information.

Bobby Kilzer
    Springville Tn

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobby welcome to Crappie.com and to crappie fishing. It sounds like you have used the info on this site and got a great start. Pulling cranks is a great way to catch some big crappie and like you stated it does take a little work to make pulling cranks work right. I look forward to reading some of your fishing reports and seeing some pics of the catches.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

This IS an amazing site and resource. I also, have learned a lot from the folks on this site. Welcome, pull up a stool and chat awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome,, its kinda nice to just relax and it they bite ok and if they don't ,,that's ok also,, good luck in your retirement,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

BobbyK, congratulations on your retirement. This site is the best, Good people,love to share information. I too was a Bass fisherman and it became a chore to search, catch, and release fish. There was not much fun as far as I was concerned. Sold bass boat and bought a stick steer crappie boat and never regreted it. The biggest thing you have to remember about retirement "if it ain't fun I don't want to do it". There are members like canepole, and Ricky (mvinc) that can answer almost any problem relating to sonar units and trolling motors and others that will willingly offer suggestions and tips. My fishing now is to have fun and relax and enjoy the opportunity to "just be out there". You will get this, crappie fishing. Have fun, enjoy your retirement , and welcome.... crappie1133

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great site with loads of info. Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

BobbyK I'm also new here but not to crappie fishing ,been on crappie 50 yrs. and am learning thing on here all the time .
    please let use know how you are doing . Look forward to the reports .

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site and may your stay here make for a lot of fun catching crappie as well as becoming a contributed here. There are a lot of great guys on here and most will be very helpful.

So just like the retirement, enjoy the site!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome. Really enjoying getting back to my roots.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am 'round the corner from ya. kinda.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast