Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sever lake 6/30/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sever lake 6/30/13

We didn't knock em dead or anything, but did catch a few crappie, a few bass, and an estimated 3lb channel cat. The channel hit like a freight train, and wasn't coming up. Ended up breaking a BPS Wally Marshall 10 ft rod. Crappie were about 8 1/2 inches and about 10 ft down in 17 to 20 fow. No big exciting report that we really knocked out, but happy to catch some. Hit a couple water shed lakes later in the day, that are usually sure things, but not even a nibble.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you at least got into some fish, I haven't been to Sever this year but will try it before long. Tough luck on the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

You did better than most. Either of you headed anywhere this weekend? I may be headed somewhere on Friday but I'm not sure where yet.

Post Thanks / Like

our family starts a very long family reunion like tomorrow and will go through the weekend. I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nemofisher View Post
    our family starts a very long family reunion like tomorrow and will go through the weekend. I doubt it.
    Ugh! I feel for yah. I'm headed out "somewhere" on Friday all day but have no idea where I'd like to go. Twain has been a disaster and probably not in the mood to try again. I'll probably go max of two hours from Columbia. Hopefully I can find some place they are biting.

Post Thanks / Like

typeO, I talked to some guys today who'd been fishing LaBelle all week, and said that while they were catching, all were small, like 8-9 inches. Dad and I fished there a couple weeks ago, and found the same thing. Also I've been fishing the handicap dock every Tuesday for a bit, and finding all the same size. Good Luck. Let us know what you find.

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you all been on Lake Show-me at Memphis this year? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hey goggle-eye, I got a phone call from a buddy yesterday and he said he fished Show-me Saturday for 8 hours and never got a bite. Doesn't sound to good but you never know. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

TypeO, I agree Twain has been pretty tough so far but it has got to get better, just don't know when. I'm probably gonna try somewhere Saturday just not sure where yet. Gotta work Friday so if you go give us a good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks catman, that answers the where should I try next question!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast