Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-30 at smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6-30 at smithville

A whole bunch of dinks. Started at a brush pile on the main lake and then moved to the sunken tree/fence line north of w. and also hit up some other places around the main lake. Came home with only 5 keepers in about 4 hours of fishing. Sometime i am going to have to follow somebody up north of w so i feel more comfortable heading up that way.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report at least you got out and enjoyed the weather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catkilr View Post
    thanks for the report at least you got out and enjoyed the weather
    It was a beautiful day on the water. I got off before the wind got too bad. We stopped under w for a bit before we left and was a little chilly under the bridge but once we got out in the sun it felt great out

Post Thanks / Like

I was out this morning and had the same results. Caught a bunch of fish and almost all if them were around 8 1/2 inches. Don't know where all the 10-12 inchers are
    Seth M.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had the same experience that I had earlier in the week. We did end up with 12 keepers but they were just over 9" and a couple 10's. The rest were all dinks. I am like you I do not feel confortable going on up north by myself so have not done it for a long time. Makes you wonder where the heck all the larger fish are. I bet someone knows.
    Thanks for the report, I am trying another lake Monday to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by modandylyon View Post
    Sounds like you had the same experience that I had earlier in the week. We did end up with 12 keepers but they were just over 9" and a couple 10's. The rest were all dinks. I am like you I do not feel confortable going on up north by myself so have not done it for a long time. Makes you wonder where the heck all the larger fish are. I bet someone knows.
    Thanks for the report, I am trying another lake Monday to see what happens.
    The main lake used to be great fishing. I think anymore it is just overfished and overran with boats. That is why I would like to head up north where some hopefully good fishing is. I did go to the sunken tree/fence line north of w but the water was too high to see the stumps. Someone did tie a marker around the Far East tree. That is the only reason I knew where it was. Hopefully better fishin to come. If not I will wait for winter and the. It's like shooting fish out of a barrel.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished today up river and caught nothing. Fished just south of power lines. I did catch 4 keepers and 1 dink in Lynn creek. I fished for 7 hours. I didn't find them up river.
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Sunday morning and had similar results managed to pull out a few keepers and whisker fish, got sick of fighting the wind so we took off. Plan to head back out tonight to get some more in before the holiday crowd starts pouring in.
    David D.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny and I went last sat. for a couple of hours before we headed to St.Louis and had 7 fish all about 11" at 9:00 and headed in. Talked to Alex for a min as we headed in. Danny and I went out this sat for a couple of hours and it sucked. Threw back 1 8" then caught a 13" right at 10:00. Threw him back and went home. Bites been slow for me up north.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Not much better at the other end of the lake, went up past Camp Branch Sunday caught 3 10" and some dinks. Threw them back in hoping they would tell their elders what I did and have the big boys come up to my boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast