Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zebco omega vs omega pro, 02 vs 03

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco omega vs omega pro, 02 vs 03

I was looking to upgrade my reel. I was going to go with the omega but I need help deciding between the different versions. I'm still a novice I fish for mainly bluegill

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see anything special about those reels....I used the most expensive of the two and didn't really care for it....I actually liked the typical, basic 33 better.....I use spinning reels exclusively....
    Gander Mtn GSX.....Perception Pescador 12.....Shakespeare Contender

Post Thanks / Like

Think you will be pleased with either one of the three.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 33 right now. I had read that the models I'm looking at cast a little better and retrieve quicker. But if you don't think its noticeable then maybe I'll stick with what I got. I'm not very goodwith spinning reels I tend to end up making a mess with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice anything spectacular about the casting....but the actual handles on the reel have like rubber grips I think....and they seem to be far too bulky when winding the handle.....

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to chime in, I use the regular omega models in both the z02 and z03 size. I use the z03 when going after bigger fish and have put slightly bigger line on it. The z02 is my go to rig for panfish, either bluegill or crappie or something else. I have used a zebco platinum 11 and platinum 33 in the past, and while there is a huge cost difference, there is, in my opinion no comparison in the reels. The omega will cast a lot further, it has the level wind, which lets it handle bigger fishing without loading the line on the "top" end of the spool and causing all the problems that come with that. If you are going spincast, spend the money, you will not regret it in my opinion. I will also say that my seven year old nephew can tell a difference in the casting ability between the two...

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of the z02 omegas. They are hands down the best I have ever owned. The oldest 2 are 6 yrs old and are still going strong. I tried the 11t and the 33 in authentic, gold and platinum. They all wore out within a year. The Omegas are a pro grade Zebco. I just wish they would make an omega in triggerspin.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience was very similar to yours BlackWidow. I had a few years off from fishing and when I got back into it, I worked up through all the models of the 11 and 33 finding them all lacking. I hated to spend the money on an Omega, but when I did I wish I had went there to begin with without all the steps in between.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using Zebco's for 53 years. No exaggeration. Omega Z02 best ever for panfish.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast