Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cataract

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cataract

Finally got to Cataract today to do some fishing. Have not been able to get on lake since 4-4-13 due to high water, nice to be back. Both of us had a good day today. We didn't catch a ton of fish but did manage to boat about 25+ fish. Most in the 9-10in class, 8 or so around 11-12in, rest smaller. Great day only saw 8 boats on lake all day. Then one skier around 11:30am, skiing around everyone showing off his boat I guess. He then stopped in middle of lake and had lunch or something but then could not get motor started. Watched him drift into boat ramp area. Then I gave him a push toward ramp after about 2 hrs of floating. Had a wonderful day.
    Indiana Crappie Federation Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the constant changing of water level effected the spawn? My first guess would be that there wasn't one. I'm sure the fish are plenty healthy, but was there ever stable enough conditions when the temps were right?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say there was a spawn. The lake stays high for a couple of months. It is one of the last lakes that the Louisville District brings down. Cataract is in the Middle Wabash watershed, so is Monroe and Patoka
    Indiana Crappie Federation Moderator