Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Perry Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Perry Today

A buddy of mine took a day off the walleye circuit to chase some slabs. The are really pulling water out of the lake, the no wake buoys in slough creek where moving over a foot it was flowing so hard. Lake is still high and muddy. We didn't do any good for the post part, nothing to brag about other than a hot muggy couple of hours.

Also ran across a lot of shad around 4 inches that where jumping 3 to 4 ft out of the water in the air. Kind of has me worried, they looked funny...
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, hope they aren't the ol dreaded asian carp!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

duck sorry you did not do well it even happens to you did you mean tuttle says they are letting 3000 cfs out at tuttle and 25 cfs at perry??

Post Thanks / Like

The jumping fish didn't look like this, did they?

Wakarusa River 8/17/10 - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Was at Perry today, unable to get a pattern working. Did not catch enough to have a meal, release all to swim for another day. Good news is the fish are in real good shape, not skinny. Must of been 15 pleasure boaters when I left the lake at two, be careful this weekend if you are out with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Was at Perry today, unable to get a pattern working. Did not catch enough to have a meal, release all to swim for another day. Good news is the fish are in real good shape, not skinny. Must of been 15 pleasure boaters when I left the lake at two, be careful this weekend if you are out with them.
    Ronald how was the water clarity, muddy? Also does anyone know if the white bass fishing is any good at Perry this year?

Post Thanks / Like

I talked with TJ the biologist there and he said those are their normal shad... Jump like crazy... Good luck if you guys get out.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Stevensene, The water was muddy on the upper end, but good on the main lake. Good luck and cannot help regarding white bass.