Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Craigs Creek for summer crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craigs Creek for summer crappie

I have done well in a few of the creeks further up river. Even as of this past weekend, I have been catching some decent crappie in the deeper pools of these creeks around structure. I have been wanting to venture further down and have heard about Craigs Creek off US 42 in Warsaw but have never been there. I know they have a public ramp somewhere.

For those of you who have fished here, do you think it worth a summertime fishing trip for crappie? I think if the water is deep enough with some structure, the crappie will be there all year. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    mbk

Post Thanks / Like

You might do well so long as you can locate some type of structure with your electronics in deeper water. I haven't fished Craigs creek but I have caught decent crappie out on the main body of the ohio in 20 fow over and in various types of structure like submerged timber and log jams. Last year it was nearly 100 degrees on memorial day and I was pulling crappie out of the main river at high noon just a couple miles up river from craigs creek. All on the Ky side. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I have a smaller boat with a 9.9 so I'm not sure I will be out on the main river but it does intrigue me. I hear about people catching crappie in the main river in the summer but I can't imagine where. When I look down at that big river, it's hard to believe there's a lot of permanent or even semi-permanent structure down there with the currents as they are. But I guess there is structure and the crappie are there. I imagine that takes some work to find them though.

Post Thanks / Like

To find the structure on the main river you need to be on the opposite side from the main channel. The current is less and that is usually where the logs and debris will accumulate closer to shore and settle to the bottom.