Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat works, so where da' fish? pic

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat works, so where da' fish? pic

Boat performed fine on maiden voyage today. Couldn't locate any fish at the county lake though. Water low. Boy, this thing is fun to use. More pics on my web (below) if u are interested. Click on PT-007 link.

That thing on the front of the boat is the Humminbird remote sonar sensor. It worked good. Sonar remote is glued to a 1/2 pvc pipe that is placed thru the hull and slides up and down to maintain contact with the water.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking very cool

now you can fish under the docks that the rest of us cant get to:D :D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Tom .... you're an amazing man

Is that rod activated by remote control ... or is it in one of those automatic hooksetting rod holders ? (or is it static/stationary?)

Glad to see you're up and around (and back on the 'puter, posting all these amazing projects).

Took a look around your website, and got run off by some chimp with a handgun :D You ain't right, Tom .... you just ain't right .... LOL!!

.......... luck2ya, my friend ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Is that rod activated by remote control ... or is it in one of those automatic hooksetting rod holders ? (or is it static/stationary?)

Glad to see you're up and around (and back on the 'puter, posting all these amazing projects).

Took a look around your website, and got run off by some chimp with a handgun :D You ain't right, Tom .... you just ain't right .... LOL!!

.......... luck2ya, my friend ...... cp
    I control the rod PAP. Rod and reel both are controlled remotely via model airplane servos (somewhat modified). I set the hook, and reel 'em in. Ha..

Hope the chimp missed ya..He pretty wild with that gun...ha

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another cool project. You got it made teaching at that school. I mean, you sure work hard keeping the projects interesting for you students. Next, you gotta have some minature barbies sunning on the deck. LOL!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Just curious

If your robot hooked something and you brought in to shore, would it be legal in your state? Bet that would throw the wildlife people for a loop. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

yOU ARE HAVING WAY TO MUCH FUN THERE...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

That is just plain awesome! I was talking to my wife about building a little "Vac-u-Tug" kit for catching crappie. She said if you fish like that I might just come with you...

Now after looking at this made from scratch version I am jealous... very good craftsmenship on the home made miniture fishing vessel... Now I wunna make one... My skills in model motors ect. are plain non-existant so I prob better start with some kind of kit with directions... Do you think the vac-u-tug would be a good choice? http://www.vac-u-boat.com/ Do you think I would need to add additional motor to it for pulling in shark sized slabs? :D

Cool project Tom,

~Fishin' Magician~
    Last edited by Fishin_Magician; 09-22-2006 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Magician
    That is just plain awesome! I was talking to my wife about building a little "Vac-u-Tug" kit for catching crappie. She said if you fish like that I might just come with you...

Now after looking at this made from scratch version I am jealous... very good craftsmenship on the home made miniture fishing vessel... Now I wunna make one... My skills in model motors ect. are plain non-existant so I prob better start with some kind of kit with directions... Do you think the vac-u-tug would be a good choice? http://www.vac-u-boat.com/ Do you think I would need to add additional motor to it for pulling in shark sized slabs? :D

Cool project Tom,

~Fishin' Magician~

Nice tug-boat. I don't know if it would work or not. Just have to try it. How u gonna hook the fish and reel it in? The tug doesn't have much displacement (5 to 6 puonds). A 10 inch fish prob pull it around easily, but I doubt it could pull the tug under. But, a one pounder could prob pull the tug under water. I just guessing. These fish are strong swimmers.

My boat displaces 20 pounds and is slinging a trolling motor prop. I only have 2 pond test line just in case.

I would try it if I were you. It is fun, but it is hard to catch a fish this way. It is a real challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see your are doing better. The toon looks good. What if a big ole carp or cat take the bait and run? Maybe a LOJAX? lol
    Today is a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast