Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Crappie Fisherman Here

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Crappie Fisherman Here

Hi ladies and jents, I'm new to the crappie fishery, and would know if any body could help me to fish and locate these fish. I just bought a new 2006 14ft smokercraft with a new 2006 mec 25hp, a couple of poles spooled with 4lb and 6lb crappie line, jigs, crappie rigs, rubber baits, and so on. Is there any body in the Rochester, NY area that would help me to locate these fish in some of the local area lakes like, Honeoye lake, Conesus Lake, Silver Lake, or any lake in the upstate NY area? Like I said I'm new to this and would like some help if possable. The night fishing sounds like a lot of fun and would like to try it some time. So if there is any body out there that would like to help a new crappie fisherman please get back to me. Thanks Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to help you out with the fishing in this area I am down here in Syracuse and no that many people from Rochester fish the Northern Cayuga fingerlake for Crappie and they are biting right now. Some fish the damns at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default new crappie fisherman

Thank you for the reply Slab, I would like to get as much info on them as I can and I don't care where I have to go to catch them. I would like to get into it. you said cayuga? could you point me to a in around area? not asking for exact location but some where near. You said some thing about a dam? would you mind if some day we can meet and you can show me some things and maybe some places I can go. Some say in the erie canal out by port byron. I don't know where, so if you would like to help, I would love it. I'm retired and can go just about anytime, You can get back to me if you want here or my e-mail - [email protected] and we can talk on it. Thanks Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Camo, I don't know if this will help or not, but www.lakeontariounited.com has a Finger Lakes forum and there seems to be alot of folks posting fishing reports on those western Finger Lakes. Most guys posting aren't targeting crappie, but I'm sure they might have some info.