Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guist Creek?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guist Creek?

Anyone fish Guist this month? I was planning to run out in the morning for a few hours till the Heat gets bad around noon or 1pm. Looking to catch some gills and crappy if I can. I know a couple spots but just looking for what is biting and if i am just going to be sunbathing (baking)
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

Well so no one else is inclined to fish at Guist Creek I think I know why. Never graphed anything much so just tried different places I had been in the past. We caught a few small bluegill and channel cats, a ton of 6" wipers and nothing worth keeping. It was a beautiful morning and was hot by noon. Took an hour in line to pull the boat out at the ramp. Saw 1 boat trolling where I would have had I been set up for it. Don't know if they had luck but not while I saw. Water temp was 79-81 degrees all around the lake. NIce day for a boat ride.
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

Well Killum I would have tried to help you out, but it's hard to get to the lake from the hospital. Maybe in a couple of months I can make it.
    Last year while just scouting around I marked a ton of fish just around from the marina through the area where those privet docks are and wish I'd had my spider rig set up to give it a try, there were fish every where. Guist is a great little lake.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I can give you a pass based on recent surgery. LOL I am glad you are on the mend. I think based on what I saw on my HBird Thermocline was at about 10ft and had got there pretty fast last week. No one appeared to be getting on the fish much. I graphed some fish in the same area, but it was late morning when I went over that way. May be a good spot to try again.

Post Thanks / Like

HEY KEEP OFF MY SPOT!!!!! Don't know, but I'd bet you could do good spidering thru there
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    HEY KEEP OFF MY SPOT!!!!! Don't know, but I'd bet you could do good spidering thru there
    Haha! I'd wager there is enough room for both of us and you know noone is watching us! A bunch of reads and we are only posters! Lurkers everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try to hit Guist this week after work. I spider rig for gills using popeyes and wax worms. It is not uncommon to pick up a few crappie along the way. When the water heats up, I target the deeper open water on the thermocline, usually 8 to 12' deep. The fish will suspend out there and are pretty easy to catch in the open water. The good thing about the hot water is the bigger gills will suspend, while the spit eaters will hang closer to the banks. Beaver Lake is where I spend most of my time for gills. I have not spider rigged on Guist, so this will be a maiden voyage for me.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missedafish View Post
    I am going to try to hit Guist this week after work. I spider rig for gills using popeyes and wax worms. It is not uncommon to pick up a few crappie along the way. When the water heats up, I target the deeper open water on the thermocline, usually 8 to 12' deep. The fish will suspend out there and are pretty easy to catch in the open water. The good thing about the hot water is the bigger gills will suspend, while the spit eaters will hang closer to the banks. Beaver Lake is where I spend most of my time for gills. I have not spider rigged on Guist, so this will be a maiden voyage for me.
    I'm going to venture to say that, if you spiderrig popeyes/waxworms on Guist ... you're going to find a whole lot more small Hybrid Stripers than big Bluegill

But, regardless ... do post a report (with pics if possible) !!

... luck2ya !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

but I'll bet you have fun,even little fish are more fun than no fish
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I'm going to venture to say that, if you spiderrig popeyes/waxworms on Guist ... you're going to find a whole lot more small Hybrid Stripers than big Bluegill

But, regardless ... do post a report (with pics if possible) !!

... luck2ya !!

... cp
    Hmmmm. I don't know if I hope you are right, or hope you are wrong. Any tug on the line is fun, I'm just not sure how much fun I want to have with those pesky hybrids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast