Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally Marshall June/July Recipe Contest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall June/July Recipe Contest

This is a "BEST RECIPE" contest and it requires at least one picture of the food. It does not have to be a recipe for cooking fish. It can be for any food. Please make it an original recipe. Preferably one your great, great grandma handed down! Provide all the details and intricacies about making the food. The more pictures the better.

At the end of this contest, we will pick a winner in a different fashion than normal. It will be based on your votes, but the votes will be in a unique way which I will announce at the end of the contest. You'll see, it'll be fun. Just post your entries in this thread to enter the contest. The contest will go through the end of July, 2013.

The prize will be some Great Wally Marshall/Mr. Crappie gear:

Name:  gd1.jpg
Views: 2232
Size:  47.6 KB
    A Lews Wally Marshall Solo Series Rear Seat Two Piece fishing Rod.
    A Lews Wally Marshall Signature Series Crappie Reel
    Plus a 4 Pound Test Mr. Crappie Mega Spool (500 Yards)

Name:  gd2.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  117.5 KB
    Very Light Weight Rod with great action.

Name:  gd4.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  27.8 KB
    The reel really is a very nice high quality reel. It's geared (6.1:1), has spool tension adjustment when free spooling. And has a switch to allow for free spooling. Nice smooth drag too.

Name:  gd3.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  38.6 KB
    I'll even throw in a Mega Spool of Mr. Crappie 10 pound test line too.

Name:  g3.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  76.9 KB
    Plus a little Crappie.com something. A Crappie.com hat.

Disclaimer: Prizes and rules subject to change without notice.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

House altree and fry the up.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant post a pic cause I don't have the capability however it is the best recipe for Crappie and Taters. Slice a potato like you would in thin slices to make fried taters get you crappie and taters together Bread them . Mix 1 bag andys yellow , 1 Box jiffy corn bread mix (blue and white box) and lowerys seasoning salt , fry the fish and taters together and happy eating . Tell me its not the best breading you've had !

Post Thanks / Like

Marinated fried crappie and Jalepenos:

Get the crappie that you want to cook and just put it into a gallon Ziploc bag with Italian dressing and leave it for an hour or two.

While you're waiting for the crappie to marinate get some fresh jalepenos and cut out the seeds then cut the peppers into rings or strips. Heat the frying skillet with olive oil and fry the jalepenos in the oil. Remove the jalepenos and keep the oil in the pan.
    Get some Italian seasoned or regular bread crumbs. Add some salt and pepper to the crumbs and you can add some Cajun seasoning if you like but the dressing marinade gives it plenty of taste. Take the crappie out of the marinade and dip each side in the crumbs coating evenly. Throw them in the oil used to sautee the jalepenos. Cook both sides for 3-5 minutes until crispy golden then serve!

Serve them with potatoes, fries, cole slaw, potato salad, you name it. Basically the same side dish you would serve with grilled food. Tastes awesome! You don't have to use jalepenos, you could use garlic cloves. They taste amazing!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a simple recipie my mother used to make. She called it Goulosh, basically just everything fresh in the garden cooked down together. Works best in an old fashion Cast Iron pot with a lid.Today I used new Red Potatoes, Yellow Squash , Zuccinni , Onions, Green Tomatoes, and Okra. You can also use Green Beans , Corn , or whatever additionally you grow.

Here is my washed garden fresh vegtables.
    Name:  002.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  38.9 KB

Here is all my vegtables cut up with Butter , Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper ready to cook.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  43.1 KB

After cooking covered on low heat stirring occasionally to prevent sticking here is finished product. Cook till all vegetables tender. You can have a veggie supper or cook a pork chop or chicken breast to add to your meal.
    Name:  006.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  54.7 KB
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

This is a recipe that my mother (Dee Buettgenbach) had published in North American Hunting Club's Members Cookbook.

Hope you like it.

Jalapeņo-Pheasant Appetizers

1 to 2 pheasant breasts
    24 jalapeņo peppers
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    8-oz. pkg. cream cheese
    12 slices bacon, cut in half

Slice partially frozen pheasant breast meat 1/4-inch thick and 1-inch wide.
    Seed peppers, keeping them whole. Combine cheddar and cream cheeses and
    stuff jalapeņos. Wrap pheasant slices around jalapeņos and then wrap with bacon.
    Secure with toothpick. Broil, turning frequently until bacon is crisped and done.

Name:  Jalapeño - Pheasant Appetizers.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  24.7 KB
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

billbobs pickles get a jar of sweet bread and butter pickles and put a couple spoons of horseradis and chill
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Not really handed down from MY grandma, but I bet somebodies grandma...they are good and I have witnesses just like Billbob!

1# ground breakfast sausage/ground meat (venison preferred) per phattie.
    1# thick sliced peppered bacon.
    shreadded cheese (your preference)
    jalapeno peppers/red peppers/onions (quantity to taste)
    spices to taste.

Put ground meat in ziplock baggie and leave the zipper open just a tad. Roll out the meat until it fills the baggie uniformly, rolling the air out the open corner.
    Make up as many of these as you plan to smoke up. Put them in the fridge and go outside and get your smoker set up.

Dice up the Jalapenos, onion, and whatever else you want to stuff the phattie with. There really isn't anything that you can't add...it's kinda like an omlette.
    Take one of the baggies of meat and cut down the sides, unzip it and fold it back exposing the sheet of meat. Add any spices you like at this point.
    Spread your cheese(s) over the meat and add the peppers, onions, etc. Roll the sheet of meat up.

Go back outside and start your smoker so it's ready.

Take the pound of bacon and lay out a weave on waxed paper or plastic wrap. It should take seven or eight slices each direction to make the weave. Place the meat roll on one side of the bacon weave and roll it up pulling the paper back as you go. Tuck any bacon in on the ends.

Your ready to take it/them to the smoker. (Why waste the charcoal/wood...make a bunch at once. They freeze and taste just about as good later.
    Smoke them for 5-7 hours depending on your smoker and how many you do at one time.

NOTE: You can also coat them with your favortie BBQ sauce, and there are no rules, so experiment!

Here's a link to Photobucket and a pictoral of how to assemble them.

Phatty Pictoral Photos by YankeeDoodler1954 | Photobucket

(Have plenty of beer on hand, invite some friends over and get them to help you do some yard work while the phatties are smoking, then crack open a cold one and enjoy!)

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Okra

Being a simple country boy that was raised in the city, I have this love of simple country food. When it comes to favorites, it's a hard choice. There is so much good stuff that grows in my garden that it's a little hard to choose which is best. My garden has tomatoes, cukes, onions, peppers, purple hull peas, sweet peas, snap beans, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, okra and on and on. There is something fresh just about year round. When it comes to favorites I guess it would be a toss up between the snap beans cook with salt pork over rice served with a chuck roast on the side and smoothered okra. Today I'll pick the okra, tomorrow it might be the snap beans.

Okra, you know that slimy nasty stuff that hardly anyone likes. The stuff that has small spines all over it that causes you to itch like a hound dog full of fleas after you've picked it. When I think of slimy okra I think of Jerry Clower. I love this short story.

Jerry Clower - Boiled Okra - YouTube

When it comes to okra, I do it all. I plant it, grow it, pick it, cook it, and the best part is I eat it and plenty of it.

Okra just coming up.

Growing nicely

Read for picking

Fresh picked

Tips cut and ready to slice

Slicing, click on picture to see me in action.

Gather some onions and chop

Now we're ready to cook.

Put okra in large dutch oven.

Cover with onions.

And then tomatoes, peppers, and a little salt.

Put cover on pot and put in oven at 350 for 1 hour. Remove from oven and stir well. Put back into oven for another hour. Remove and stir well. Put back in oven for one final hour.

Done and no more slime. Delish.

It can be eaten fresh out the pot but to make something good even better, move some of the okra to a smaller pot and add peeled and de-veined shrimp and a little water. Cook over low to medium fire until shrimp are done and water is gone. Serve as is or over rice.

To make gumbo just add more water to okra and bring to a boil. Simmer for at least a half hour. Add shrimp and cook slowly until shrimp are done. Serve with a big helping of potato salad.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a recipe I make whenever we make ribs or have a get together with friends/family.

I start by frying a half pound of bacon about 3/4 of the way then add half an onion and let them cook the rest of the way together in a cast iron pot
    next i add a can of black beans rinsed and drained, a can of drained red kidney beans,can of drained white kidney beans, can of drained pinto beans, and a can of chili beans with sauce
    then i add a half cup of brown sugar, half cup of ketchup,healthy table spoon of mustard and table spoon of apple cider vinegar
    after i combine these i let them cook for about 5-10 minutes then add a jalapeno, banana pepper and some cumin and cayenne pepper
    and it looks like thisAttachment 132126

then this time i put them on with the ribs for an hour to add some smokiness otherwise i let them simmer on low for 30-45 minutes.
    Attachment 132127Attachment 132128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast