Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: depressing season

Post Thanks / Like

Default depressing season

So far, every chance I've had to get out and fish the bayous have been flooded out to a point where there's no access to effectively fish them...or maybe I'm just in a slump and forgot how to fish.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

Things will pick up, mother nature is a _______ sometimes. Not to add salt to your wounds, but I'm having a great year so far, of course I don't have the water problems you guys do north of me. I've not hitting huge numbers, but catching good quality fish. So far this year, I've caught my biggest redear, biggest bass, shot my biggest carp, and last night, caught my biggest walleye. The crappie bite has been steady but scattered. I'm getting 10 to 15 good fish every time out.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Was on the water when that storm hit last evening. We were catching fish sporadically and had just caught and released a 13 inch crappie when the thunder started. Headed for the ramp like everyone else and by the time we got there we had BIG whitecaps. We had little trouble getting off the water but some were really fighting the crosswind and having a time of it.
    I know this has nothing to do with your streak of bad luck but you will get back into catching soon. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raporter View Post
    Was on the water when that storm hit last evening. We were catching fish sporadically and had just caught and released a 13 inch crappie when the thunder started. Headed for the ramp like everyone else and by the time we got there we had BIG whitecaps. We had little trouble getting off the water but some were really fighting the crosswind and having a time of it.
    I know this has nothing to do with your streak of bad luck but you will get back into catching soon. Good luck.
    I was on the water too, I could see it coming and timed it just right. Had the transom saver on, and boat strapped down when the rain hit.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    I was on the water too, I could see it coming and timed it just right. Had the transom saver on, and boat strapped down when the rain hit.
    A boat at mississinewa got swapped and sank in those condition about 3 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

that can be dangerous...I remember when we were up in wilderness Canada, an hour away from the cabin by boat and the wind picked up something fierce...we were in 14 foot Lunds, with 9.9 outboards and having motor troubles when it hit...we'd struggle to go forward 30 yards and then get pushed back 10 yards...3 foot waves with whitecaps in a boat with problems was not much fun...glad we made it back OK, things could have gotten way out of hand if we would have capsized.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.