Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Illusion powder paint no intructions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Illusion powder paint no intructions

I have a pound of clear illusion powder paint and I have lost the instructions long ago. I do not remember if it is an overcoat nor what the bake schedule is. Can anyone tell me the intructions? I have tried a couple different searches and I ca not find a clear Illusion. I know I have used it and it has a sort of oil look to it at different angles.

I will try to get it on something tomorrow so I can post a picture of it.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Dip a jig in any color & then dip it in the clear. Cure at 350 for 15 min and just see what comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Base coat is 400 degrees for 10 min then over coat it 400 degrees for another 10 min. This is how I do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on BOSS JIG ARMOR black silver foundation [black silver] - $7.50 : FishingSkirts.com - Custom Fishing Lures - Boss Fishing Products - Skirts Unlimited Boss Outdoors is proud to release its custom designs of powder paints.Boss has been working for over a year playing with different color mixes and formulas for ultimate color selection and adhesion properties. In that time we have developed some of the best and most durable colors to date. Jig Armor paints comes in 2oz jars and this color is black silver foundation. This is the base color for all of the illusion series colors. Example you start with this color cure at 375f for 8 minutes then use one of the illusion paints like a clear or second coat. Example for blue illusion, paint your jig with the black and silver foundation. bake for8 minutes at 375f then do a top coat with the blue illusion bake at 375f for 10 minutes and you get the black and blue jig. These colors were custom made for proper adhesion to one another and large seperation on small objects which allows for the details you see in the photos
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I can try it but it doesn't sound like what I have. Mine is a clear coat that changes colors depending on the angle of light striking the surface. I am pretty sure I had to cure the base coat and then apply as thin as coat as possible of the illusion. I just can't find heating temps to apply nor curing temps for it.

It worked really well but I got it from Rosey's and that was many many years ago. They don't have a clue now what it even looks like.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

try columbia coatings
    or try to send a PM to....led head, here.
    if you can't get him, let me know

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my grandson uses the boss paint on Bass Jigs. I like the turn out of the illusion paint