Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Finally!

I finally had success with the slip bobber! I learned about the slip bobber rig on this site, but only deployed it ocassionally with no real success. But last weekend I decided I was going to fish the slip and only that until I figured it out.

Well I set the depth of my stop at 8 feet (down to the grip of my 9 foot rod). I put on the slip bobber with a 3 way minnow rig.

That’s the one with a 3 way swivel, consisting of main line, drop line with a split shot, and a side line of about 8” with a minnow hook)

I put on a live minnow, and dropped into a bout 12 feet of water from the canoe. In about 20 minutes I had 3 keepers in the cooler.

On my second rod I rigged up a slip bobber with just a 1/32oz jighead and a 1” Gulp minnow.

I set it just slightly shallower. Like 6 feet. and was catching them on that too.

The trick for me was to toss it out and then start doing something else in the boat that’s when I got good hits. Ha ha.

I went home with 15 keepers on the smallish side in length, but fat sides. plus a rainbow trout and a big bluegill. all caught on the slip bobber rig.

So thanks guys/gals

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Man there is so much learned from this sight. Awesome catch and congrats on being a good learner!
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

that is great!!!!! congrats on the learning of another tool for your tool box!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, way to go. It's great when you learn a new way to cath the fish you want.

So congrats!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. Glad you enjoyed success. Now all you have to do is increase your confidence, replicate, duplicate and imitate what you just did. Confidence is the best thing to have in a tackle box.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats I just want to say that this is the very best fishing site that there is on the web and I learn something everyday. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I have been reading this site for a year now, and really enjoy the crappie fishing. I think I have finally started to break all my Bass Fishing habbits. I stopped trying to impart as much action as possible into the pait, and my bite rate went WAY up!

I guess that shows that, while crappie are peditors, they are not angry or reactionary similar to bass, but more methodical. it requires a whole different presentation and mindset.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindset never changed but my body sure did. Took over a 1/2 century to decompose.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the catch and learning a new way to catch that most fun fish to catch the Crappie, I to have learned a new to me way to put fish in the boat , pulling crankbaits, been out twice to two different lakes and put nice fish in the boat with two nice walleye also, all thanks to this site and the great people on it .............. again grats to you sir