Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: beaver lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default beaver lake

i spoke about my trip last friday on one of the replies, i have been back every day since fishing from about 5pm to 8pm i have caught at least a dozen each outing between 13 and 16 inches pider riger in middle of lake, thank god my freezer is showing signs of improvement, any you guy in central ky should try this lake, i am going to keep goig back till they quit. good luck
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up atta boy '52 !!

I've only fished at Beaver Lake, about 3 times ... and only once for Crappie. Never did much good there, but that was in the "pre-shad kill" days. Last time I was there, the moss was so thick you had to fish in the open pockets of it. I also understand that the launch site has new owners, that are a bit more friendly to "outsiders" than the previous ones were. I just wish they would put in a more "user friendly" launch ramp :D ... that short/steep drop, that I remember, was a bear to launch on

Keep up the reports !!

Hope your luck holds up ..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver

I Have A 18 Foot Ranger And Do Not Have Any Trouble Loading Or Unloading By Myself, I Have Not Seen Any Moss This Year And The New Owners Have Been Real Nice To Me, I Think I Will Try Elmer Davis Tonight To See If I Can Have The Same Luck On A Small Lake, I Will Let You Know.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Default elmer davis

well that was a bad ideal, not even a bite. i think tonight i will go back to beaver or make my way to taylorsville lake.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Default rain

anywhere in ky be worth fishing this next week after this rain?
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking take your pick ...

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

(but, forget Taylorsville :p )

Check back on this link, in a few days, and look for any lake that is still "stable" in water level. Fast rising or falling water levels usually play havoc with the bite .... but, a lot of our lakes can take quite a bit of water and still not mess things up. (unfortunately, T-ville isn't one of those lakes).

The main "start" of Fall fishing is still a few weeks away (once the water temps get into the high 60's). So keep your eyes & ears on the water levels & temps ... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default back again

sunday between five and 8pm caught 3 nice ones, tonight they changed patterns had to cast to submerged structure lake was falling fast got 2 12 inchers, i will keep trying until other lakes clear, in all i have cleaned about 40 niced ones in a week and a half, let me know where you guys are getting bites, thanks!
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Were is Beaver lake? Not sure if I have ever heard.
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation E Ky ....

Quote Originally Posted by eastkycrappie
    Were is Beaver lake? Not sure if I have ever heard.
    Beaver Lake is in Anderson County. It's a 158 acre Commonwealth owned lake, located 10 miles southwest of Lawrenceburg, Ky. off of U.S. 62.

Special Regulations: 10 HP limit on motors.

Boat launching fee $5.00

Boats with larger motors are allowed, but big motor cannot be used ... you'd have to use your trolling motor (or, at least that was the "law" years ago).

http://www.fairwindsatbeaverlake.com/ (link to Marina/pics/info)

map link (Beaver Lake is left of #38) http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/ViewMap.aspx?MID=27

........... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pappy.:D
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D