Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you all think

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you all think

Yesterday me and my dad was fishing spider rigging we was catching some nice fish their was a crappie tournament going on we wasn't fishing tournament but a boat close to us was this boat made a v line to we're we was fishing this boat came within 15 ft of our boat how I know is I run 14 ft rods in front and they was only 1 ft past my rods I have never came that close to another boat fishing due to respect that they was their 1st this couple didn't even say hi I just thought it was disrespectful especially on a 7,000 acre lake just thought
    Gone Fishin

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Imho ...

At the very least, that was disrespectful. At the most, it may have bordered on the potential to have that couple disqualified from the tournament. But, unfortunately, most tournament rules state that you cannot infringe on another boat that's actively fishing, within a 50ft distance, IF that boat is "anchored". That leaves it open to no infringement distance for a boat that's actively fishing and not anchored ... something I'd like to see changed, and wouldn't even consider fishing a tournament unless it was changed. As it is, both major Crappie tournament organizations have the 50ft/anchored rule (trolling motor must be stowed to = "anchored") ... but state that a "safe & courteous distance should be maintained when trolling motors are deployed". That doesn't define a specific distance, nor does it take into account any non-competitor boat ... which results in it being a fairly toothless rule.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Yup some people just don't care or were not raised to be respectful

Post Thanks / Like

That is where a good Paint Ball gun would come in handy. If they said anything remind them of the 50 foot rule! WIth paint all over their boat they couldn't deny it!!!!!!!!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me started ........
    They're everywhere, and I just don't understand ............................
    But, I do let em know what I think ......................
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible. I like the paintball idea myself. We're you fishing Wappapello?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was
    Gone Fishin

Post Thanks / Like

There sure are several of them out there. I've been fishing a spot before and have a boat come within ten ft of me right on top of where my floater was sitting in water at and look at me and say- didn't mess you up did I? I have patience and will back off because I don't own it and no fish is worth a fight- just goes to show lots of disrespectful people on the waters.

Post Thanks / Like

Only time I get that close to people is If they are fishing in the boat Lane around the lake. Then I just idle by them.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad their are other ppl who respect other boats this isn't the first time this has happen this year
    Gone Fishin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast