Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing looking up on the MO River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing looking up on the MO River

Make that catching. Went today and came home with 3 cats and 3 drum. Nothing big just good eating size. Threw back several small drum and cats. At least it is looking better for now. Just need the river to drop some more so the dikes are out and stabilize.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats! you did better than I did last night. we caught 2 blues less than 12 inches each. they just weren't biting so we gave up around 10:30 pm and came home. today we switched gears back to carp patrol (bow fishing) and did well.

Post Thanks / Like

Only found the fish biting in 2 spots. The gars around 18-24" were spawning at the mouth of Berger creek next to the bank. That is the only thing we could think of that they were doing there. they just stayed next to the bank splashing around and acting silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Perch sometimes when them gar are spawning and yes its this time of the year you can slip in by them and drop shrimp down under them and catch a lot of catfish. The cats will be under them feeding on there eggs we use to catch them at loz that way a lot!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from chamberlin sd. they were catching the heck out of walleyes. river up there looks 100% different than down here . first time up in that area
    water is actual clear
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESKEETER View Post
    just got back from chamberlin sd. they were catching the heck out of walleyes. river up there looks 100% different than down here . first time up in that area
    water is actual clear
    don't really get dirty and muddy till it gets into mo???

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from the Whitlock area (about 40 or so miles north of the Pierre dam) and I was surprised by the water clarity. Very clear, and outstanding walleye fishing.

Already planning another trip up there in late July/August.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    don't really get dirty and muddy till it gets into mo???
    I also think it has to do with how much the Corps channels the river. It is cruising down here for the barge traffic. I wish the corps would just leave it alone.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I have had debates about how much $$$ the govt spends on channelizing the MO compared to the very few barges that use it. Think how much wasted $ especially when most stuff is trucked or trained to market now. The fishign and hunting would be lots better too and we would all have more money in our wallets