Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada Lake in March

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Lake in March

Thinking about making the 9-10 hour drive down to Grenada Lake in mid-March to try our luck crappie fishing. Will be taking boat, but need info on places to stay and some areas to try for crappie. We mainly troll jigs, but can cast if we have to. I know spring time weather plays a major role in crappie movements, etc, but will it be worth my time making this trip? Have week booked at Reelfoot Lake in April so March or May would be the time I can go. Any web sites where I can find info or any / all info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. "Thanks"

Post Thanks / Like

Late March would be the best time if you have to come during March. Jigging straight up and down is the best. Casting would be ok in certain places. Go to the Gore Springs area...Graysport Landing etc. Plenty of places to stay....close to the lake would be Hugh White State Park...book in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Thanks"

Hey Crappieman 101..

"Thanks" for the info. We're talking about the 3rd week in March or maybe lap over the 3rd & 4th weeks. I've never been down to Mississippi, but when you read stories about a 10 fish limit of crappie weighing 25.86 lbs, it kinda perks up your interest.

I've got 12 ft, 11 ft, 7 1/2 ft poles along with ultra-lite casting outfits so should be able to adjust to conditions. Lure of choice is curly tail grubs, but carry tubes and Hal-Flys also. Hope old man winter gets out early and we can come on down your way. Thanks again for your help..

Post Thanks / Like

leave the 7 footer at home and focus on the longer rods. tube jigs work best for me. my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also go to any of the local shops once you arrive and buy a few of the hand tied local jigs. Most of these shops have a vast supply of jigs tied by local people who know Grenada's best color patterns. You can catch as many as 100 fish on one of these jigs without ever having to replace it. Speaking of the ten fish weights, the next world record crappie will come out of either Grenada or Arkabutla. Hope you catch some big ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a web site http://www.mdwfp.com/ try this it might help. Go to the fishing page, you can check the fishing reports and check the forum there!