Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Stockton Lake reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Stockton Lake reports?

I am fishing Stockton on Friday.....anybody been there and have anything to share?

Post Thanks / Like

Been there and the Keeper rate is way down. Best bite is pullin Cranks in 30-40+ FOW using flicker shads, rebels, bandits, etc, really doesn't matter. Crankin is even slow may pull for a while before a hookup. Some have been drifting minnows in 20 FOW on points ( I haven't done this cause I don't use minnows) but what I've heard. Beds have some fish on them but a lot of them are small. May catch 3-4 off bed and gotta move. The shallower beds are best if you can find a shallow one 15-22 ft deep. We are missing a class of 2010 fish that has dropped the K ratio way down. Won"t be better till Fall/Winter of this year and next year. Some fish are still trying to spawn and it is scattered and slow bite in 15/28 FOW where nobody tries to catch spawning fish. Be patient and move a lot and you "might" end up with a mess. Walleye have been fair but tailed off from what it was a couple or 3 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great bit of info....thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

went crankin on Stockton today, caught lots of small crappie, drum and bass, fished up sons creek, south of the power line, close to the old dock on the east side in the small cove, also trolled greeser creek, lots and lots of small fish, 1 keeper crappie, and It was hooked deep so to not waste it or carry one home I gave it to a nice man and woman on a pondtoon. they too were having a slow day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Creappieprofessor View Post
    Been there and the Keeper rate is way down. Best bite is pullin Cranks in 30-40+ FOW using flicker shads, rebels, bandits, etc, really doesn't matter. Crankin is even slow may pull for a while before a hookup. Some have been drifting minnows in 20 FOW on points ( I haven't done this cause I don't use minnows) but what I've heard. Beds have some fish on them but a lot of them are small. May catch 3-4 off bed and gotta move. The shallower beds are best if you can find a shallow one 15-22 ft deep. We are missing a class of 2010 fish that has dropped the K ratio way down. Won"t be better till Fall/Winter of this year and next year. Some fish are still trying to spawn and it is scattered and slow bite in 15/28 FOW where nobody tries to catch spawning fish. Be patient and move a lot and you "might" end up with a mess. Walleye have been fair but tailed off from what it was a couple or 3 weeks ago.
    Very true report unless you talk to the windy professionals!!