Thread: Structure Scan Image -- interpretation request

Post Thanks / Like

Default Structure Scan Image -- interpretation request

This is a side scan (I was using Right Only) of a cypress tree in about
    30 foot of water. Do you guys see anything on this scan that you
    would consider fish ?

thanks kindly, Chris

Post Thanks / Like

This is another pass of the same tree. This big cypress had about 10 foot sticking about
    the water. I drove my boat as close to it as I could without hitting it.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

NOPE !! .... but, I can easily pick out the water spots, fingerprints, wipe mark streaks, and your reflection

I take it you can't (or didn't) take a screenshot ... and opted to use a camera, therefore showing those things I mentioned. But, seriously ... I don't see anything I can positively identify as a image of a fish.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappie Pappy. The echos that I thought might be fish I put a red dot above
    on this pic. Just trying to get a feel for what is a fish and what is "something else".

On the screen shots. I have a Mac. Do you know of a program that will read the
    Lowrance sonar logs on a Mac ?

I didn't know how dirty my screen was until I put that pic on the forum

thanks kindly, Chris

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's certainly "possible" that those are fish .... but, it seems odd that every one of the white marks that you've "red dotted" is directly in front of a branch. It would be easier to determine that those marks are fish, if there were some similar marks not directly in front of a branch. As it is, I suspect those white marks to be nothing more than branches that are on the front edge of the image, and possibly pointing towards the boat ... giving them a slightly brighter coloration.

Sorry, I have no experience with a Mac.

... cp

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to make out any positive fish echos...but that's one fantastic DownScan ...

Great capture ....

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with pappy...on the red spots. BTW if you will turn your hand over and touch the screen with your fingernail when you point out something on the screen, you will not fingerprint your screen up. Saves on cleaning. Those HDS screens are not easy to clean and don't use anything with a solvent in it to clean them. Sometimes it's easier to see fish with sonar as arches. I always use both downscan and sonar at the same time. That's why I have both a HDS5 and HDS8 together on my console. Together they were cheaper than an HDS10 and have about the same sq. inches of screen total. I have map and sonar on the 5 and dedicate full screen 8 to downscan or sidescan. Oh...have you gotten the latest software for you HDS unit. It has new features and doubles the refresh rate on your maps which makes crossing waypoints dead-on easier than before.
    Best Fishes, CK