Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi vis yellow

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi vis yellow

anybody had any experience with hi vis yellow line. do you think it scares fish away on a lake with somewhat clear water?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the line when I am shooting docks or pontoons. Also just taped a show with Chatt Martin with it. We were fishing standing timber with fairly clear water. We caught at least 50 or 60 crappies. I don't think the line spooks them at all.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

All I use is hi vis yellow in 6 pound test...I tried them all, no difference in number of butes...I can just see the yellow SO MUCH better!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's all I use on my ULs. No difference in average catch rates between me and my husband, who uses lo-vis green.- Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

It's what I use...I can see the line better.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow not really ....

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley
    anybody had any experience with hi vis yellow line. do you think it scares fish away on a lake with somewhat clear water?
    depending on what you mean by "somewhat clear water" :D

Most of the water I fish is considered stained to murky ... you can clearly see a chartreuse jig at 1ft-4ft down. The thing is, though ... Crappie tend to stay "in the shade" ... be that actual "shade", or just deep enough to be in the diffused light of a particular depth. Colored lines aren't as "bright" there, as they appear above the surface. I use PowerPro 10/2 braid, Stren Gold 4#, and Iron Silk Solar Mint 6# .... and can't say that they've decreased my catch rate vs clear/blu fluor. lines (that I used to use, exclusively). In fact, since I am most likely casting or shooting a jig ... my catch rate has increased, due to the colored lines - simply because I can "see" even the most subtle of bites. I'd much rather "see" line movement, than feel rod movement ... because, I believe, that the fish will hold onto a bait longer, if it doesn't feel much "resistance". That translates to that "extra second" of bite detection time ... that I may not get if the fish feels the resistance of the rod. Works for me ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Like Roberta I use it on all my UL outfits and have for the past 4 or so years. I mainly use 6 lb. but have used 4 lb. as well. My 57 year old eyes see the hi-vis yellow quite well. I catch as many if not more on it than I did with other line before I switched to the yellow.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use the hi-vis lines when nightstalking with the green or white lights? Does it scares the fish away if it's glowing, which I assume it would do beside one of those lights?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Tr ......

Quote Originally Posted by ToadRunner
    Does anyone use the hi-vis lines when nightstalking with the green or white lights? Does it scares the fish away if it's glowing, which I assume it would do beside one of those lights?
    I don't know that it would "glow", in the presence of white or green lights, anymore than it would in sunlight ... but, it will certainly "glow" under a "blacklight" (12V UV light). Even so ... that glow will diminish with depth/distance. Can't say as I've used colored lines (hi-vis) very often, when nightstalking ... but, I have used fluorescent clear/blu lines under a blacklight, Bass fishing & Crappie nightstalking, and have caught fish ... from only a couple of feet of water, to depths well under the influence of the blacklight (or white lights). Sorry ... never used a "green" light before, so I can't/won't comment on them. ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

i use the hi vis yellow on my nightstalking rods without any problems.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast