Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver holographic glitter needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silver holographic glitter needed

I need to find some silver holographic glitter for adding to Candy Apple Red Transparent powder paint. I have only found one place to get it and their price is okay but shipping is pretty high for a single item.

Anyone has a resource for it other than do-it molds?
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default JoAnn Fabric Glitter

Been using JoAnn's with success. Kids glitter. Can get you specific bottle style if needed. That is candy raspberry with gold flake. Have the holographic also with others.....you will need to add more holographic to the mix to get the same results. This pic is from earlier this month.

Name:  DSCN1045.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  125.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to see it before I wuold consider trying it. I am not using it for myself, yet, so I need to make sure it is a good holographic and will mix well with the Candy red from CSI paint.

Does it give off a good full color spectrum glint like the holographic stuff I have used in the past? I guess it is called the disco ball effect by some.

Plateboater, what is the exact name of it so I can look at online?
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sterling extra fine glitter

Post Thanks / Like

Some consider iridescent and holgraphic pretty close to each other. I use iridescent silver myself that I get at AC Moore [IMG][/IMG]

This stuff is from Nicole Crafts

X2 though with plate it takes a bunch. Might be alot easier to just coat the head with the candy color then dip in a clear/glitter mix. If you add the glitter straight to the candy you'll need to add some clear and that could mess with the candy color.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Copper Head Powder paint and it looks great with the glitter in the paint. Might be that the CSI glitter isn't so fine that it shows better but I don't know. The CAR might be different and not show the glitter as well but again, I don't know yet. I do know I don't like the glitter on the top. Too rough and I would be worried about it fraying my line with the sharp edges. I hope that once I get a glitter it will show through the CAR as well as it does the copper head.

I can't find that glitter online Fatman, you have a link or do you buy it retail? Unfortunately I don't have anything even close to a craft store localy.

Post Thanks / Like

And has anoyone heard of Diamond dust glitter? That would work also.

Post Thanks / Like

JoAnnes Fabrics used to carry it in their brand, but they've changed suppliers so you might have trouble finding it. I have it in Blue, Pink and crystal diamond. It really isn't all that great. Do you have a jig that your trying to copy??? if so can you post a pic, might be eaier to help

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to copy one unfortunately. Painting for a trade. Looks like I will just either order from Do-it-molds or try and buy it direct fro CSI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast