Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rapala knives now made in China

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapala knives now made in China

My ol 4" finland knife broke at the tang. Ordered a new, notice they are now made in China. Too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishin' View Post
    My ol 4" finland knife broke at the tang. Ordered a new, notice they are now made in China. Too.
    Of course they are.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I have five old ones, all still easy to sharpen and in good shape. They will outlast me. I must say, tho', I bought into the 'Bubba Blade' hype and ordered a 9" flex. It, of course, is made in China, but I really like the feel of it and the steel seems as good as Rapala about taking an edge. When I get to use it some I'll make an report on it.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to Dexter Russell fillet knives after my nice Gerber blade broke and the new one won't keep an edge.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced the handle on some of my old wooden handled ones with Deer antler handles. I like the old ones but sounds like they are just following manufacturers here . Buy'n cheaper Chinese products thinking they can't compete with a higher priced qualitity products.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Just brought a 7" flex bubba blade three weeks ago, so far so good. As of right now it same to be the best fillet knife I ever owned, used it just about every day and had not to sharpen it . Cuts the fillets off very smoothly, thinking about ordering the deboning blade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gone fishin' View Post
    i checked it out and i believe the black one is a "falcon" rapala and yes, they are made in china, but the classic "fish 'n fillet" knives at least the steel is
    european/finland. i own an old 4" and had it for at least 20 yrs. and a 7 1/2" also for many years and hard to beat but still out there. i believe i did see the classic knives at walmart and bass pro. but also look on ebay i'm sure they're available there too.
    here's a link to rapala Fish 'n FilletŪ Knives
    Take a kid fishing start a new friendship with nature.

Post Thanks / Like

And I stop at every yardsale I can when I see a fishing pole on the lawn. Every old time fisherman had at least one good Rapala/Finland filet knife. Usually .50 to 2 bucks will get a spare.
    "There is a Fine line between Fishing and just standing on the shore like an Idiot"

Post Thanks / Like

I have several knives for fishin & huntin, probably spent enough money over the years to buy another boat.
    A few years ago a friend of mine's daughter was selling these knives as a side job to get by so I told him to
    have her stop by the house one day & show them to me & I would but something to support her & help her out.
    I bought the fishin & huntin models from Cutco & they are the best knives I ever had. The huntin knife cleaned 8 deer,
    2 hogs & a gator before needin to be sharpened & the fishin knife cleaned over 400 fish before needin sharpened.
    The best part is when the knife needs sharpened, send the knife back to them (about $15.00 shipping cost both ways)
    & they do it for free & send it back, just pay the shipping. These knives are made to last & are made in the USA.
    Name:  cutco1.jpg
Views: 2005
Size:  56.6 KB
    Forget the catch of the day – this knife's the catch of the year!

The Fisherman's Solution is ready for anything. Inside you'll find an extendable stainless blade; pivoting sheath that doubles as a gripper; built-in, notched line cutter and sharpening stone. Cam-lock safely secures blade from 6" to 9".
    Sheath for Fisherman's Solution available in black only.

• Extendable blade
      Extends from 6 to 9 inches to be used with a variety of catches.
    • Gripper
      Aids in pulling hook.
    • Notched line cutter
      Use to trim fishing line.
    • Sharpening stone
      Sharpen dull hooks
    • Guaranteed Forever
      Like all CUTCO products, the Fisherman's Solution is guaranteed forever.

• Made in AmericaSheath made in Mexico
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"