Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When it's time to go...

Post Thanks / Like

Default When it's time to go...

When my youngest son Aaden was 4, his uncle Josh was going to take him fishing. So the went to Wally World and got a new fishing pole and some tackle and headed to the public fishing pier. After about 10mins of fishing, Aaden decides they aren't biting and he is ready to go. Josh says "we just got here, lets make a few more casts!" Aaden made on last cast, threw the whole dang fishing pole in the lake and turns to Josh and says, " I don't have anything to fish with!"

Yep, that's when you know.

Post Thanks / Like

My kid did that last summer! His pole now has a 12" piece of pipe insulation between the reel and 1st eye, now it floats... no excuse now.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBarnett View Post
    My kid did that last summer! His pole now has a 12" piece of pipe insulation between the reel and 1st eye, now it floats... no excuse now.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, i can just see this happening, lmbo!!
    Midsouth Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Be a good uncle give... the nephew your pole.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftshaw View Post
    When my youngest son Aaden was 4, his uncle Josh was going to take him fishing. So the went to Wally World and got a new fishing pole and some tackle and headed to the public fishing pier. After about 10mins of fishing, Aaden decides they aren't biting and he is ready to go. Josh says "we just got here, lets make a few more casts!" Aaden made on last cast, threw the whole dang fishing pole in the lake and turns to Josh and says, " I don't have anything to fish with!"

Yep, that's when you know.
    I think the top of my head would explode at that point!

Seriously though, the last time I took my 4 year old daughter fishing was at this great catfish pond my friend has. It is really not "fishing" because it is so effortless to haul them in. We would catch a few and then go pet the horses. Catch a couple more and then we went and walked in the creek. Then we went and got a snack. Then we jumped on the trampoline together (she loved that). We ended it all up with catching one more fish and then went home. We used a 10' telescoping crappie pole on that trip.

I took her out in the boat the other day and she convinced herself that the boat was going to tip over. She kept asking me if we were going to drown. It was pretty funny really. All she wanted to do was sit next to me and hold my hand. We fished for about 5 minutes and ended up just taking a short boat ride. Packed it all up and came home. She told me on the way home that she only wanted to go fishing at Pops pond off of the dock. Yep, it is "bank fishing only" for us for a little while.
    Last edited by sontag1; 06-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the pipe foam idea!
    Is winter over yet?

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the original post 3 or 4 times and I laugh every time. Funny story and some nice tips all without needing to change pages.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.